Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo, 6-17 over the last 23 games. And still at .500 because of a super fluky hot start.

Worst Nats start since 2011. Between the injuries and awful management, they're hopeless.

I still plan to see them this weekend because they don't come to town often and I always want to see Scherzer pitch when I can.

I've heard good things, but sadly have yet to see the park for myself. This one will be at Dodger Stadium once again.

One thing I'm rectifying is that I plan to finally see a Cubs game at Wrigley in June. Likely a Pirates series. I've been there for a Springsteen concert but never for a game.

It’s been quite a while for me, really wish I would have gone during their championship season.

You won’t be disappointed.

I can’t remember all the games I’ve been to there; I did see Kerry Wood’s first post-surgery game, which wasn’t his record-tying strikeout run, but he did hit a home run so that was pretty exciting.

Last edited:
no such thing as an actual tailgate here, but i live about 45 minutes' casual walk along the waterfront park from the skydome, about an hour to the ACC. not much better on a sunny summer day than being able to walk down to the stadium and drink a beer or two along the way.

I few weeks ago I asked a question about how pitchers are credited with wins and had an issue with a win being given to a reliever who gave up runs and barely managed to escape the game.

Today, Kyle Henricks was charged with an error on a bad throw to first. That baserunner wound up scoring later in the inning. Normally, a pitcher isn't credited with an earned run when the scoring player had reached first or advanced as a result of an error. And it happened here as well, but that doesn't make sense to me because Henricks is the one who caused the error himself. That run was fully earned: his action resulted in the man on base and his action allowed him to score. It's totally on him.

Someone enlighten me why there isn't an exception made for these cases.

Last edited:
Just because it’s the pitcher’s fault doesn’t mean it’s not an error. The pitcher is still a fielder.

Right, but the idea is that a pitcher shouldn't be blamed for someone else screwing up and putting someone in a position to score. If the pitcher is the one who made the error, what's the difference whether the mistake is a bad pitch or a bad throw to first? It's their fault, charge them for the run.

Right, but the idea is that a pitcher shouldn't be blamed for someone else screwing up and putting someone in a position to score. If the pitcher is the one who made the error, what's the difference whether the mistake is a bad pitch or a bad throw to first? It's their fault, charge them for the run.

I disagree with the someone else screwing up notion. It’s a batted ball that is in play. The pitcher becomes a fielder. A fielder makes an error. Therefore the run coming from the error is unearned. It doesn’t matter which fielder makes the error.

This is probably a small drop in the bucket why a lot of people that aren’t old but care about getting to the bottom of how good a pitcher is have moved past ERA as a means of showing how good a pitcher actually is. Or at least don’t use it exclusively.

When I’m looking at a pitcher’s statline to try and determine how good they are, I usually will look at K/9, BB/9, GB%, ERA, FIP, HR/9 and batted ball profile (LD% and Hard Contact rates mostly) all in conjunction with one another. If it’s a reliever I might also look at WPA since that measures how they did in leverage situation.

O5oY4mf0

Let's be real... only the white Sox are going to the White House today

Damn, you nailed it and that's deplorable. That can't be good for clubhouse morale. They should discontinue the WH visits for championship teams. That ship has sailed. Especially with the current President catering with fast food no less.

Kris Bryant now has had a hit in the last 22 games.

Jon Lester has the lowest ERA in both leagues.

Cubs win 2 of 3 from the Brewers, who came into this series with a 7-game winning streak, and today Anthony Rizzo didn't even play.

Good times.

Nats are garbage, but I'm glad I took the chance to see a Max Scherzer quality start at Dodger Stadium, followed by a late-game grand slam off Dylan Floro. Really fun night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom