Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The umpires shouldn’t complain whatsoever unless they want the MLB to start tweeting complaints about a lack of discipline when an ump gets ejection happy or has a super crappy strike zone.

Personally, I’d love it if teams took to Twitter with the tracking software and called out umps that got more than, say, 5% wrong. Or missed something stupidly obvious. Especially if the ump union is gonna start stirring the pot on social media.

Not sure how well that will work if it happens.

Hey players, live in 2 cities, don't worry about where your kids go to school, they can do fall in Montreal and spring in Tampa, perfectly normal life.

One has to assume they've considered that issue. You don't want to be poutine these players' families in a tough situation.
:wave:

A possible solution is to only play in Montreal during the summer, when kids would be out of school. That gives them like 10 weeks or something worth of games they could play there.

I think the more perplexing issue is what do you actually call the team? Do they become the Montreal Rays when they're up there, or temporarily change to the Montreal Moose? Montreal Molson?

I don't see the Rays playing home games in Montreal. The Rays have a good team and their own fans don't show up. Why would people in Montreal give a shit? They want their own team.

Why would people in Montreal give a shit? They want their own team.

this. the only way montreal buys in fully is if it's a montreal team.

it'd be cool to have the expos back in the league but i think a vancouver team would probably be more likely to still exist 10 years after their first season.

So, how ‘bout those Mets...

Another shitshow in Flushing. If they give a fuck, they fire their manager. Supposedly, an unidentified veteran Mets player told Keith Hernandez that he criticizes the team too much on tv and that he should stop. :lol:

It turns out a starting rotation of a second division ace, an aging number three, and a cast of 12 AAAA starters isn't a recipe for success. Add in the fact that Philly seems to have brought in the worst hitting coach in the history of the sport, and things are going great.

this phillies team feels like it's always walking a tightrope. at least last year it took until july to feel this way.

1 inning complete in London between Red Sox/Yankees: Score is 6-6, 20 batters, both starters knocked out, 1 hour to complete the inning.

Brits are gonna love baseball.

in every other sport all-star games and the festivities around them (except the nhl fastest skater contest which is always dope don't @ me) are horse shit. in baseball they at least seem to give one shit about being there.

Jinx Alert:

2019 World Champs...the Houston Astros.

Yankees needed a stud pitcher. Pickings were slim. Standing pat. Good luck winning that World Series, Cashman.

The Astros were already the World Series favorites in my mind and then they go ahead and add Greinke. Nasty. And Altuve has looked like his old self the last month or so.

Mets win 6th in a row (albeit against the White Sox)

All of a sudden in this idiotic season they're just 4.5 out of a wild card with a rotation nobody will want to face of they were ever able to get into October.

I know I should be smarter than this and not allow myself to get excited, cause Mets... alas...

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif

4.5 games out is the most precarious number. It’s not nearly as close as it sounds, and it’s really easy to lose a game and feel like you’re eliminated or win a game back and feel like you’re right in the thick of it.

i would personally wait before getting too excited, until the point where it's after september 12th and the mets are leading by at least 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom