Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to grab Pete Alonso off waivers in my fantasy baseball league. I have a claim on him right now, but it doesn't process til Thursday. Wish me luck.

Pete Alonso was the guy I wanted most when the Mariners/Mets trade happened. Kelenic is no slouch, though, so I guess I can still be happy with it.

Baseball is not a cold weather sport. Every team in a cold weather city should have a retractable dome. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Nats look like absolute dogshit and this performance is embarrassing.

I'm used to adjusting my expectations for a season after the first week, so this is nothing new.

This is his way at getting back at us for making him cry

Or wait was that Alfonso Soriano

Probably both

Fuck him what a piece of shit

in the long run they'd probably draw even less people in montreal than they do in miami. the preseason series the jays play there is always well attended but i suspect that's because it's only 3 games and not 81.

Portland Marlins
Vegas Marlins
Charlotte Marlins
Nashville Marlins
San Antonio Marlins
Mexico City Marlins

lots of possibilities

Last edited:
Oh there’s no doubt our fan showing is pathetic when the team is decent, but make no mistake, what you’re seeing now is the fans like me who did go to the games (when I lived there) fed up with being used.

They still need a new stadium in Montreal, the main reason the Expos left 15 years ago.

Exactly. Plus, the stadium situation was an issue almost the entire time the Expos were in Montreal. At least the Marlins have that.

The Marlins can only hope to improve like the Astros did in the mid-2010's. They've already gutted the team. Now, they've just gotta hope their young players pan out.

The Mariners are two bullpen meltdowns away from 10-0. I know it’s not real and that they’ll end the season within 5 games of .500, but it’s sure fun while it’s lasting.

Also, Tim Beckham made it to 1 fWAR today and is being paid $1.75m this year. Suck it Californian Los Angeles Angels Of The Mike Trout District Of Albert Pujols’ Buttered Ass Hair In Anaheim Orange County California.

Last edited:
Cubs offense is #2 in the league in runs scored.

Unfortunately their pitching is #1 in the league in runs allowed, which is why they're at 2-6 right now.

But if they get their relievers issues sorted out, they're going to be very dangerous. Because Bryant hasn't even been performing up to potential and he's another formidable weapon.

Bullpens all over the league are faltering badly. Front offices are trying to frame that as an area to cut corners and repair with trade deadline moves if necessary. This is a logical check after that market bloat we saw a few years ago, but it seems to be backfiring for major contenders like the Red Sox, Cubs and Nats.

The Red Sox woes don't have much to do with their bullpen, the starters have been awful.

ERA's after 2 trips through the rotation:

Price 6.00
Sale 8.00
Eovaldi 8.10
Rodriguez 12.38
Porcello 13.50

Their bullpen ERA is solidly in the bottom half of the league too, which makes sense considering how much work they're putting in. I know they're already starting AAA call ups because there aren't enough arms for how many innings they need to fill.

After all the shit the media talked about Kimbrel's failed search for a top tier contract, he may get one after all. I can think of half a dozen good teams that need him right now.

Somebody tell the Orioles that I can hit .000 for them and they can pay me only 10% of what they're paying Chris Davis and save a bunch of money.

Sure, but in that trade, Davis (and his contract) have to go to Boston. [emoji1383]*♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom