Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Enjoy Didi, Mr. PFan. Truly one of the most fun and interesting players I've rooted for. I really hope he has a good rebound in 2020.

it's true, i am a pretty big phils fan. phil collins, phil esposito, phil jackson, philip rivers, philip seymour hoffman... phil donohue and dr phil can go fuck themselves tho.

For some reason (Raptors) I keep thinking of Dave as a Blue Jays fan.

$800m for three clients after 3 days, not bad at all.

It helps that he happened to have 3 superstars in positions of need for the 3 or 4 teams who are actually competing for FAs this year.

There's more. The share of money going to players has gone down every year for the last half decade or so. The splashy free agent market is very visible, but there's a general depression in salaries for non-tip-top FAs (this year's trend remains to be seen, but this has been the case in the last few years).

The MLBPA has done a terrible job allowing owners limit spending across the board - a harsher luxury tax, draft compensation, international FAs, etc. When you have teams like the Red Sox talking about trading Mookie or Price, the Astros talking about trading Correa, the Cubs with Bryant, etc etc when franchise valuations and profits are at an all-time high, you realize how owners have gained the upper hand.

Take the Yankees as an example. This year's payroll was about $220m, which is the same that they were running in the early 2000s, when revenue (and franchise valuation) are at a record high.

yankees_revenue_payroll_2018.png

So yeah, there's money, it's just that owners are pocketing it rather than players.

Last edited:
the blue jays were two games away from the world series four years ago. the phillies haven't made the playoffs in eight seasons.

so no.

Hmmm let's see. What do these two teams have in common?

Although I do find this very different than banging on trash cans.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how the Lance Armstrong defense is going to go with the MLB.

Give it time and [insert name of your team] will be caught, too. This is not an Astros or former Astros only problem, and MLB knows it. That's why they're taking their merry old time in coming to a decision.
I would be more inclined to agree if the people and teams getting caught weren't all tied back to the Astros. The Red Sox and Cora, bench coach of the 2017 Astros, being accused again only underlines what was already suspected.

You may very well be right, but the Red Sox being implicated yet again doesn't point to that being so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom