Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Harper, Machado, and Keuchel will just retire. It’ll be interesting to see how long they hold out.

The Phillies have no excuse not to sign both Machado and Harper with how much the prices have gone down. Lord knows they have more than enough money to make it happen.

machado is such a shit head and i've wanted harper much more all along but if they can get both in this kind of a buyer's market then they have to go for it.

The $300 million/10 year contract the Nats purportedly offered Harper way back when was evidently quite fair. Perhaps more than fair.

If that isn't enough for the guy, whatever. We'll put together a more well-rounded team with that money and it's not as if he ever put us over the top when he was here. The outfield he's leaving behind is young, deep, talented and (temporarily) affordable.

Last edited:
It bears repeating: opt outs are good for the player, not the team (who would assume all the risk and little of the upside). A contract without opt outs is a good thing for the Phillies.

Harper got a lot more years and a lot lower average annual value than I thought he’d get. I was predicting he’d get 8/300 or so.

I wonder if teams will start giving superstars longer contracts and front load them a little to when the player will put up more value, knowing they won’t be worth as much (or anything) at the end. It would be an interesting way to circumvent the luxury tax, since that’s based on AAV....

All I know is that the Nats will be competitive regardless. Juan Soto put up better numbers last season, is six years younger and costs basically nothing. The one thing we're missing now is a serious slugging threat with Robles replacing Harper. We have elite speed, but the power is definitely questionable.

We have a bunch of guys at first base that could blow up and have a great slugging year, but they're all over the hill. It's more likely they will be just OK.

Last edited:
I feel like the Marlins are going to lose 120 games this year solely based on the fact that the rest of the NL East is incredibly stacked.

Easily the best division in baseball right now.

Right away, sir:

DeadConsciousBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom