Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think salary levels are going to end up with a reset/adjustment soon so long as the luxury tax etc. is in place. Small market teams won't pay the big salaries and the big market teams are shying away (to an extent) due to the tax. Harper and Machado neither having signed yet is a sign that the system still needs tweaking.

The Players Association did a terrible job agreeing on the luxury tax. Teams have never been as rich as they are, and could afford significantly higher payrolls (not to mention that disgrace that is the situation of minor leaguers). But you know, the MLBPA decided to focus on the really important things in the last CBA - hotel rooms, etc.

Before all these trades the Mariners have been making, their projected 2020 payroll was around $125m before arbitration, options, or additions. Now it’s down to $75m before arbitration, options, or addition. That’s insane.

Hall of Fame announcements tomorrow. Will Mo get 100 percent? Will Bonds and Rocket finally get in? Not sure about Mo's 100 percent, but I think the PED (alleged) boys will get enough votes.

Hall of Fame announcements tomorrow. Will Mo get 100 percent? Will Bonds and Rocket finally get in? Not sure about Mo's 100 percent, but I think the PED (alleged) boys will get enough votes.

Didn't some writer already say he wouldn't submit a ballot to ensure Mo didn't get 100%?
Its pretty stupid of these guys, but it's a thing. The Old "Babe Ruth didn't get 100%, neither did Cy Young, so why should anyone get 100%" argument.

So voters in the past were idiots, let's continue the tradition.

I think Bonds & Clemens fall just short, and make it next year.

Didn't some writer already say he wouldn't submit a ballot to ensure Mo didn't get 100%?
Its pretty stupid of these guys, but it's a thing. The Old "Babe Ruth didn't get 100%, neither did Cy Young, so why should anyone get 100%" argument.

So voters in the past were idiots, let's continue the tradition.

I think Bonds & Clemens fall just short, and make it next year.

I read the article about the guy, but I forgot his name. I think they go by votes submitted. The Hall of Fame could use some good pub. Having Mo get 100% would be some nice pub. Obviously, that writer is a shithead. His Non Vote is pretty much a protest against Mo.

If Rocket gets in, they'll probably make him wear a BoSox hat. :wink:

It'd be cool if Moose got in. I think he's earned it. Too bad he never won a WS.

That Mike Mussina is a hall of famer before Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens is a farce.

I wouldn't use the word "farce", but, yes, they should have been in before Moose. Moose is the flip side of the PED era. The clean guy who achieved consistent success against PED users who were destroying the ball.

If Bonds and/or Clemens ever get in, it could help out repeat offenders like Manny Ramirez and AR in the future.

Back
Top Bottom