Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mariners have given win-now assets to the Phillies and Mets this offseason. Wonder when Mitch Haniger will go to Atlanta and Marco Gonzales will go to Washington?

the mets, yankees and marlins are discussing a potential three-team deal that could involve rhp noah syndergaard going to the yankees and catcher j.t. Realmuto going to the mets, according to multiple reports.

There is a "real possibility," sny.tv's andy martino reports, that syndergaard joins the yankees in a blockbuster trade, however the mets are also considering "10 other scenarios," according to martino.

Mets gm brodie van wagenen said earlier this offseason it would take "very special circumstances" to "even consider" trading syndergaard, the dominant mets starter who went 13-4 with a 3.03 era in 25 starts last season.

The mets have received "significant trade interest" in syndergaard during the offseason, martino reported last month, and the yankees have actively sought starting pitching this offseason.

dislike.

This is a joke.

We can't put Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens in the hall of fame because it would taint the place, but Harold Baines can get in? GTFO

Exactly. The Hall of Fame shouldn't be a joke and Baines being elected is a farce. Took him 22 seasons to get to 384 Home Runs. Was never among the game's elite. Shit, Big Mac should be in the Hall before Baines. Plus, all the other pink elephants.

hey now, as we all know mark mcgwire and barry bonds would never have gotten past little league if it wasn't for those steroids giving them the ability to consistently see pitches and accurately hit the good ones.

that's why i've ordered a lifetime supply of generic chinese roidz off the dark web in preparation for my upcoming season as the phillies' starting center fielder. and i'll do it for only 200 million. suck it bryce

Baines in the HOF is a joke.
Highest he ever got in MVP vote was 9th.
in 22 seasons, led the AL in one category once, slugging pct. in 1984.
Career .289 hitter
His 162 game Average was .289, 22 HR, 93 RBI, .820 OPS

Just rename it the Hall of Pretty Good

Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and Red Sox all complaining about a lack of spending capacity in some form or another this offseason.

Congrats, MLB Players Association!

Baines in the HOF is a joke.
Highest he ever got in MVP vote was 9th.
in 22 seasons, led the AL in one category once, slugging pct. in 1984.
Career .289 hitter
His 162 game Average was .289, 22 HR, 93 RBI, .820 OPS

Just rename it the Hall of Pretty Good
Why do you care so much, though? Who gives a shit?

Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs and Red Sox all complaining about a lack of spending capacity in some form or another this offseason.

Congrats, MLB Players Association!

I think salary levels are going to end up with a reset/adjustment soon so long as the luxury tax etc. is in place. Small market teams won't pay the big salaries and the big market teams are shying away (to an extent) due to the tax. Harper and Machado neither having signed yet is a sign that the system still needs tweaking.

The hall of fame is a fraud as long as Bonds, Clemens and Rose remain out - so having an above average dude like Baines inducted doesn't change anything.

I agree with the first 2, but not Rose. PED's weren't illegal when those guys took them, but Rose broke baseball's Cardinal Rule. Plus, his behavior for 2 decades after his banishment was shameless. Then he finally comes clean in his book. But, hey that's a whole other show. :wink:

There's plenty of Hall of Famers who are pretty good, but the voters shouldn't continue that practice.

I agree with the first 2, but not Rose. PED's weren't illegal when those guys took them, but Rose broke baseball's Cardinal Rule. Plus, his behavior for 2 decades after his banishment was shameless. Then he finally comes clean in his book. But, hey that's a whole other show. :wink:

There's plenty of Hall of Famers who are pretty good, but the voters shouldn't continue that practice.
You can't be partnering with MGM and keep the greatest contact hitter in baseball out of the game for gambling.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree.

I would actually say it’s the other way round. Pete Rose not being in there is arguably worse than Bonds etc.

There’s not even a bad argument to suggest Rose’s performance was tainted.

Back
Top Bottom