Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't think of anything close.

The Mystics playing a home game before the Capitals watch party the night they won he cup was pretty intense, but not like this.

My personal favorite was in 2005 when the Mets and Yankees played at Shea in the afternoon and U2 played MSG that night on the Vertigo Tour.

Many a brain cell was killed that day.

I don't understand why you don't put in a pinch runner for Kinsler there. Dude seemed to be running in slow motion.

84.gif

Since this is now two complete games, if Boston wins, can it just count as two and we be done with this nonsense?

I don't understand why you don't put in a pinch runner for Kinsler there. Dude seemed to be running in slow motion.

Kinsler was a disaster on the bases in the 10th, almost picked off first, over slides 3rd ending up halfway to the Dodger dugout then carries a piano home and gets tagged out. (Though that one really goes on the 3B coach, shouldn't have sent him there, ball not hit deep enough).
But don't think pinch running was an option, no infielders left on bench to replace him.

2 mistakes Cora made in my view....1 was pinch hitting Nunez for Devers against Baez (a righty) with Kinsler on 3rd in 10th...I know lefties were 0-33 against Baez but all you need is a deep fly ball and Devers has more power than Nunez.
And the more glaring mistake was not intentionally walking Puig in the 13th, I know he'd represent the winning run, but you get a force at all 3 bases and face a light hitting catcher in place of Puig.

Nate Eovaldi deserved a better fate, incredible effort by him.
Can't believe I stayed up till 3:30 AM and watched the whole damn thing....great game but who knows how many people outside of the 2 markets watched the last 8-9 innings.

Kinsler was a disaster on the bases in the 1oth, almost picked off first, over slides 3rd ending up halfway to the Dodger dugout then carries a piano home and gets tagged out. (Though that one really goes on the 3B coach, shouldn't have sent him there, ball not hit deep enough).
But don't think pinch running was an option, no infielders left on bench to replace him.

2 mistakes Cora made in my view....1 was pinch hitting Nunez for Devers against Baez (a righty) with Kinsler on 3rd in 10th...I know lefties were 0-33 against Baez but all you need is a deep fly ball and Devers has more power than Nunez.
And the more glaring mistake was not intentionally walking Puig in the 13th, I know he'd represent the winning run, but you get a force at all 3 bases and face a light hitting catcher in place of Puig.

Nate Eovaldi deserved a better fate, incredible effort by him.
Can't believe I stayed up till 3:30 AM and watched the whole damn thing....great game but who knows how many people outside of the 2 markets watched the last 8-9 innings.
That makes sense, I guess I'm just thinking with the benefit of hindsight that if you pinch run him, you don't need another position player because the Dodgers didn't score in the bottom of the inning, but obviously putting someone out there not as good as he is in his position could've cost them a run in the bottom half of the frame, so....

Well, I'm not a Dodgers fan and I was there til the end and there were tons of people on Reddit still watching. I'm sure it didn't do great ratings, but there were definitely 3rd parties interested.

Well, I'm not a Dodgers fan and I was there til the end and there were tons of people on Reddit still watching. I'm sure it didn't do great ratings, but there were definitely 3rd parties interested.

A lot easier to hang in there on west coast, on the east coast its tough to hang till 3:30 AM. Had it been Dodgers vs. Astros or anyone else instead of the Red Sox, I'd have checked out after about the 11th inning. I'd been up since 5:30 AM, so 22 hours straight, doubt many folks in Virginia, Florida and Pennsylvania did the same.

A lot easier to hang in there on west coast, on the east coast its tough to hang till 3:30 AM. Had it been Dodgers vs. Astros or anyone else instead of the Red Sox, I'd have checked out after about the 11th inning. I'd been up since 5:30 AM, so 22 hours straight, doubt many folks in Virginia, Florida and Pennsylvania did the same.
Fair enough, I can only speak to what I anecdotally experienced, obviously. My sister in Indiana was up watching the game as well, lol. I mean, you're definitely right, I'm sure the later innings ratings are atrocious.

I initially thought the Dodgers would get swept, but it looks like the Sox are the ones with the uphill battle, at least today.

One still has to favor Boston's chances in a 4-game run, but it doesn't seem like a foregone conclusion anymore.

I woke up at like 3, checked my phone and couldn't believe the game was still going on.

Ah, damn, headache, it has happened before. But not like it's happening here, since the Galaxy are also home:

There you have it: six games, five stadiums, one wild sports marathon. According to the folks at*538, a city has had all four major sports teams in action on the same day only once before -- back on Nov. 4, 2001, when Phoenix got to watch the Suns, Cardinals, Coyotes and D-backs.

Let’s fight them, the yotes play in Glendale. [emoji14]

Except in 2001 the Coyotes were sharing American West arena with the Suns (which makes me question that stat)......BUT the Cardinals were still playing in Sun Devil Stadium in 2001, which is in Tempe :)

So you can still fight them

Last edited:
Ah, damn, headache, it has happened before. But not like it's happening here, since the Galaxy are also home:
From 538

Only once before has one city enjoyed a super sports equinox. That came for Phoenix, Arizona, when, on Nov. 4, 2001, the Cardinals, Suns, Coyotes and Diamondbacks all played on the same day.2 Although three of the four lost, the Diamondbacks won Game 7 of the World Series, so no one in Arizona was too bent out of shape. But that time, the Coyotes were visiting the Carolina Hurricanes, so not all of the games actually happened in Phoenix. This time around, though, the Dodgers, Kings, Clippers, Ducks, Rams and Galaxy would all be playing in the LA metro area on Sunday. As far as we can tell, that’s never happened before in the history of sports equinoxes.

So neener neener neener

Except in 2001 the Coyotes were sharing American West arena with the Suns (which makes me question that stat)......BUT the Cardinals were still playing in Sun Devil Stadium in 2001, which is in Tempe :)

So you can still fight them

Good. Glad we have a resident desert man to set the record straight.

Back
Top Bottom