Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get well soon, Sandy.

Now with Sandy out, the Mets now have 3 "GMs". Oh boy. Waiting for the New York Post headline: 3 Blind Mice.

it's always fun to reminisce about the time the mets were winning the NL east by seven games with only 17 left to play and still managed to choke it away.

The fact that Josh Hader's super offensive tweets were discovered mid-All Star Game is absolutely the funniest thing ever

With the news of Machado going to the Dodgers, if I were an Orioles fan, I'd be pissed. The Orioles don't give a fuck about winning a championship ever again. Machado is a player you keep forever and build a franchise around. He's a player who puts asses in seats and eyeballs on tv's. But, you trade him for a bunch of guys. What if one of those guys becomes a superstar like Machado. Do you trade him before he becomes a free agent so you don't have to pay him? The cycle continues. Meanwhile, so does the losing. Buck Showalter is a great manager, but its been tough for him to turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

I'm relieved the Yankees didn't get Machado. Yes, he's a great player, but Didi is doing a fine job for the Yankees at SS. Plus, he's a lot more cost efficient, especially considering Machado could fetch 30 mil annually as a free agent after the season. The Yankees know they need another Starting Pitcher. That should be their primary focus.

How hard is it for a professional athlete and/or agent to go back and scrub the tweets you sent from when you were a stupid 15 year old?

How on Earth does this keep happening?

This is not an excuse or condoning teen boys who say stupid shit and later turn into professional athletes... but jeez. Come on already.

Unless Felix gets the Tommy John surgery it’s been implied that he’s needed since the end of 2015, his career in Seattle has got to just about be over.

Well if he gets the surgery, the club gets to exercise a $1 Million option for 2020, good insurance for the Mariners.
But yeah he is no longer King.

Well if he gets the surgery, the club gets to exercise a $1 Million option for 2020, good insurance for the Mariners.
But yeah he is no longer King.

If the reports of his needing of Tommy John surgery are correct, and he hasn't gotten it, that makes me like him less as a person because it would mean that he's avoiding it so that the $1m clause doesn't go into effect.

If the reports of his needing of Tommy John surgery are correct, and he hasn't gotten it, that makes me like him less as a person because it would mean that he's avoiding it so that the $1m clause doesn't go into effect.

Ever think maybe he's avoiding it so that he can continue to pitch for his team? If he gets the surgery, he'll be out of action for at least a season.

Ever think maybe he's avoiding it so that he can continue to pitch for his team? If he gets the surgery, he'll be out of action for at least a season.

Maybe. But the results have shown him to be roughly replacement level for three consecutive seasons. So... no big loss.

Maybe. But the results have shown him to be roughly replacement level for three consecutive seasons. So... no big loss.

Well, as a result of Felix's health issues, his performance has certainly declined over the last few years. It's a shame. But, if surgery is needed, they should just shut him down for the season. I don't think he's putting it off to screw the Mariners, though. I think it's pride thing.

Just another day in a terribly disappointing season by a perennially disappointing team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom