Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baez stealing home made it all the sweeter.

7-1 on this road trip, and Milwaukee lost today. Cubs also have the most runs scored in the National League, and the highest RS/RA differential.

Not bad.

Baez stealing home made it all the sweeter.

7-1 on this road trip, and Milwaukee lost today. Cubs also have the most runs scored in the National League, and the highest RS/RA differential.

Not bad.

Yes, and they needed Lester to be big today and he was. Sorta kinda maybe excited for Darvish to come back ???

I wonder if Peef saw that walk-off Grand Slam from Justin Heyward FLY into the bleachers at Wrigley last night to beat the Phillies.

It was MAGNIFICENT.

He’s doing pretty awful, but I find it to be sort of ridiculous that the writer of that tweet clearly acknowledges that it’s early June and is bringing up WAR and being “on pace” for something. Sort of suggesting statistics don’t normalize. Career BABIP of .300 is and he’s currently at a .230 with that. WAR is aggregate. Unless he’s wellllll under his average (perhaps batting .100), it’s not fair to say he’s “on pace” for anything in early June.

[tweet]1004602430816911362[/tweet]

That’s incredible. And his batted ball profile infers that the BABIP could be real. 10% more ground balls than his career average. Also holy power outage. He might not break the record because he might be unemployed before having the chance.

I think history tells us that the Orioles are not familiar with the concept of sunk cost.

The Rockies are another good example.

Speaking of the Rockies, I was able to visit Coors field last month, and damn, that's a great ballpark. Even better than AT&T in San Francisco, I think.

it pains me now to attend games in the skydome after having been to citizen's bank park a few times. especially when the dome is closed, it somehow feels claustrophobic despite being a giant room that holds 54,000 people. you can't even see the sky from the concourses whether it's open or not. it's atrocious. they're supposedly going to spend a billion dollars to renovate it over the next few years but there's no way they're going to be able to "open it up" the way a ballpark should be. i want to feel like i'm outdoors when i'm at a baseball game, dammit.

:rant:

Cubs beat the Brewers to finally take first place in the Central, by scoring 5 runs in the top of the 11th. That is some power right there.

If we're looking at head-to-head between these two teams this season, Cubs have won 8 out of 9. A good edge to have if this is going to be their main competition for taking the division.

The trade market will heat up soon and I think all three teams at the top of the NL Central will be active. The Cardinals are a threat for the division and it might end up coming down to which team can add the most before the trade deadline.

Not to sound arrogant, and I'm sure the Cubs have some weaknesses that could be addressed, but how much do they actually need? They currently have the best winning percentage in the National League, and are 5th in the majors overall. Second-most runs scored in the National League (under the Braves), and 5th in the majors overall. Best run differential in the National League, 3rd in the majors overall. Second-highest Team Batting ranking in the National League, first in Pitching stats.

Seems like a great place to be in.

Not to sound arrogant, and I'm sure the Cubs have some weaknesses that could be addressed, but how much do they actually need? They currently have the best winning percentage in the National League, and are 5th in the majors overall. Second-most runs scored in the National League (under the Braves), and 5th in the majors overall. Best run differential in the National League, 3rd in the majors overall. Second-highest Team Batting ranking in the National League, first in Pitching stats.

Seems like a great place to be in.

They also have the best defense according to fangraphs, which helps their pitchers outpitch their peripherals (BABIP 30 points below league average, which also happens to be the best in baseball). Their big acquisition will be when/if Yu Darvish gets health.

Side note: Tyler Chatwood's walk rate is ridiculous.

The NL East is looking less impressive all the time.

Which is our only hope of winning it if every single player on the team is going to have a DL stint.

They also have the best defense according to fangraphs, which helps their pitchers outpitch their peripherals (BABIP 30 points below league average, which also happens to be the best in baseball). Their big acquisition will be when/if Yu Darvish gets health.

Side note: Tyler Chatwood's walk rate is ridiculous.

Darvish is still a big question mark. I think most fans are regretting that signing.

And Chatwood ate a dick tonight and gave up 4 runs. Cubs will likely be in second place when the game is over.

Darvish is still a big question mark. I think most fans are regretting that signing.

And Chatwood ate a dick tonight and gave up 4 runs. Cubs will likely be in second place when the game is over.

But he only walked 2, so his walk rate goes from the upper 8s per 9 to the lower 8s per 9.

after last night's loss the 2018 mets are the fastest team in MLB history to go from 10 games over .500 to 10 games under .500 :D

Back
Top Bottom