MLB 2017 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't how people can speak so confidently about the impact of a manager in baseball. We don't know shit, really, other than the obvious outliers.

Girardi was ok but had some annoying habits in my view. I don't mind a new manager, I wouldn't mind keeping him.

I really think they purposefully waited until they were sure he wouldn't be hired by the Mets or Red Sox.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

Wit that said, Girardi had a solid managerial career with the Yankees. The pressure is on for his replacement. (A given, of course. :wink:) The 2018 Yankees could be poised for a World Series appearance.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Nats at least interviewed Girardi, they wanted him back in 2007 but he went into broadcasting for a year after the Marlins fucked him over.

Last edited:
Yanks shit can Girardi right after the only team stupid enough to hire him fills their vacancy. Dirty.

Speculation in Miami is that once Girardi is sacked, Jeter is going to hire him.

Though I suppose nothing is tying Girardi formally to the Marlins yet.

Also, Mattingly for head coach of the Yanks. Take Stanton with him, probably.

I’d be very surprised if Cashman went for Mattingly. They are not getting rid of Girardi to get an old school type who is somewhat averse to analytics.

I’d be very surprised if Cashman went for Mattingly. They are not getting rid of Girardi to get an old school type who is somewhat averse to analytics.

At this point anything is possible. Imagine if Jeter dismissed Donnie Baseball and hired Girardi. Then imagine if the Yankees signed Mattingly. And Mattingly manages the Yankees to a World Championship. You can dream, right? :wink:

14w49s.gif

I actually went to the movies instead of watching the game (The Florida Project, it's good) but still managed to get back in time to watch the last three innings, including LA's final comeback. Glad the game went on as long as it did.

Anyone want to defend Dave Roberts's decision to leave Morrow in that long? The guy gives up a home run and a single before eve recording one out. Altuve is next to bat. Houston has now tied it up. Wouldn't you yank Morrow at that point? I don't know who else was available but that seemed like a pretty big mistake to me, as Morrow then gives up a double (scoring another run) and then a 2-run homer.

Anyone want to defend Dave Roberts's decision to leave Morrow in that long? The guy gives up a home run and a single before eve recording one out. Altuve is next to bat. Houston has now tied it up. Wouldn't you yank Morrow at that point? I don't know who else was available but that seemed like a pretty big mistake to me, as Morrow then gives up a double (scoring another run) and then a 2-run homer.

After having his #4 hitter bunt on a 7-7 game with a hobbled Justin Turner on second and no outs. That was legitimately the worst managerial decision in this postseason (Girardi's non-challenge being hors concours).

Back
Top Bottom