MLB 2017 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAM!! :up:

He seems back to early season form. It's scary how potentially awesome Judge could be. Obviously, he has the makings of a superstar. And what better place than NYC? He'll have multi-million dollar endorsement deals before he even comes close to free agency.

Advancing in the playoffs is always cool too. :wink:

41FD07bGmcL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

The Trashley household will be tested this weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying tonight's game. That Rockies rally was something else.

Why care about baseball when you're just going to witness your team get blown up again?

Worst part is, I know we will get shit for Stanton.

Doesn't anyone else here watch baseball anymore?

Dodgers, Cubs, Nats, Yankees in the mix?

Sure! Naturally, I was happy with the Yankees' Wild Card Game victory last night. Exciting stuff. Now they're facing Cleveland and will have quite the challenge, but anything is possible in the MLB playoffs. :wink:

I'm for Arizona, Houston, Cleveland, and Washington this week.
I'm for the AL to win it all if Houston and Cleveland win this week.

I won my fantasy baseball league (no one cares, dude).

Yeah I love it. And congrats on your title Tourist. I won my league this year too and it felt fucking great.

Yeah I love it. And congrats on your title Tourist. I won my league this year too and it felt fucking great.

My regular season record was 17-4-2. Which is incredible seeing as more than half my team spent time on the DL.

Pretty happy I spent my Friday seeing The National instead of Girardi fucking up.

Why care about baseball when you're just going to witness your team get blown up again?

Worst part is, I know we will get shit for Stanton.
Sometimes you have to destroy something to save it. I would like to believe this is a new corner for your team, and I'm hoping you come out of it for the better.

Bold move by Terry Francona to burn a pinch hitter in order to get Robertson out and force Chapman into a 5-out save.

I want to say today's loss was especially excruciating and embarrassing, but it really wasn't. Pretty typical stuff. I've suffered through a bunch of these.

I want to blame it all on Dusty but we're batting, what, .150 as a team this series?

The whole ship is sinking, right around October 10-15th, like always.

Last edited:
The Cubs aren't batting much better, correct?

They also committed 4 errors today, just not fatal ones.

It's not satisfying to have to chalk a loss up to bad luck but that's kind of the case in this one.

Also, if Girardi wasn't such a fool, the Yankees could have closed out this series tonight, which seems miraculous. I'm not sure how much faith to have in Sabathia for the rematch but the Indians have to be reeling right now considering the high they were on when the playoffs started.

Back
Top Bottom