MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the thinking was they still wanted Benintendi until a few days ago.

So given what it ended up being, I think it's a good trade.

Oh it's definitely a good trade for the Red Sox. That's not in question. You got Chris Sale.

Can't wait to see how Moncada and Kopech turn out. I have very high hopes for both. Like, perennial All-Star high hopes. And Basabe has a lot of potential, too. Diaz throws 100. The latter seems to be more of a lottery ticket than anything.

Good trade for both teams. Better for the Red Sox in the short term because they're trying to win right now.

Looks like Adam Eaton is our new centerfielder. 5 years of control. Not exactly a huge bat, but his career average is very good, about .290 over the past three seasons. He'll probably bat second behind Turner and ahead of Murphy and Harper. That's pretty nasty.

Last edited:
Yeah it's an awful trade for us. We didn't have to do a damn thing to stay a top 3-4 team in the NL and threw out three major prospects for a solid contributor. They could all be busts, of course.

This Colome deal better be the steal of the century.

Last edited:
Oh it's definitely a good trade for the Red Sox. That's not in question. You got Chris Sale.

Can't wait to see how Moncada and Kopech turn out. I have very high hopes for both. Like, perennial All-Star high hopes. And Basabe has a lot of potential, too. Diaz throws 100. The latter seems to be more of a lottery ticket than anything.

Good trade for both teams. Better for the Red Sox in the short term because they're trying to win right now.

Agreed. Has the potential to be a great trade for the White Sox.

Not basing it on his major league performance, which is a ridiculously tiny sample. Giolito is the classic stuff before results guy, in my view. The type of prospect scouts love, but where the results never seem to translate. His peripherals got progressively worse as he climbed up the ladder. There are not many recent examples of front line pitchers who had such meh results in the minors.

That said, the White Sox have one of the two best pitching coaches in the league, so they may be able to fix him. It's a good trade for Chicago, but I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of these prospects end up as relievers.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also, ugh for Chapman.

Not basing it on his major league performance, which is a ridiculously tiny sample. Giolito is the classic stuff before results guy, in my view. The type of prospect scouts love, but where the results never seem to translate. His peripherals got progressively worse as he climbed up the ladder. There are not many recent examples of front line pitchers who had such meh results in the minors.

That said, the White Sox have one of the two best pitching coaches in the league, so they may be able to fix him. It's a good trade for Chicago, but I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of these prospects end up as relievers.

That's fair. I will say that, when it comes to the young starters we've acquired in the last two days, Kopech excites me more than Giolito. I think Kopech is going to be a big star. Knock on wood.

The more I think about it, the more I hate the Chapman signing. For baseball reasons as well, but mostly for the obvious ethical reasons. I fucking hate the way professional teams deal with domestic violence, which somehow seems (for them) better than steroid use.

"I'm apologizing because of the use of the gun" still pisses me off. What a fucking troll that guy is.

Watching him blow saves is a rare treat.

I'm *so* happy he's no longer a Cub, I can't tell you. HATED having to be grateful to him for any of that.

A shame to lose a guy like Fowler to your archenemy. Although I guess it's tit for tat after taking Heyward from the Cardinals.

Hopefully Fowler will underperform like Heyward.

Back
Top Bottom