MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ALCS has been a Francona masterclass in reliever usage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think the Indians are winning it all, regardless of the Cubs' obviously superior lineup. It doesn't get much hotter than the Indians right now, and they're not being handed wins either; they're finding ways to win close, challenging games.

Last edited:
Going to the game last minute. If we lose, we lose, at least I got to see them once this season.

I think the Indians are winning it all, regardless of the Cubs' obviously superior lineup. It doesn't get much hotter than the Indians right now, and they're not being handed wins either; they're finding ways to win close, challenging games.
Clearly they obviously shouldn't try to extend the series and if they can sweep they should sweep, but sometimes when you win too quickly you can kill some of your own momentum.

I was mildly disappointed to see it's barely been 20 years since the Indians have been in a World Series. Still cool, but only really cool if they win.

Alright... Gonna try out this whole playoff baseball thing again. Staying positive, if nothing else, it's great to watch your team in person, even in humiliating defeat.

I think I'm going to go tomorrow no matter what, but I'd feel better about it if it it's not an elimination game.

Imagine not 1 but 2 Cleveland championships in the same year. What next, a reality TV star becomes president?

Can the Barons win the Stanley Cup?

This man would like to speak with you.

stipe-miocic-still-eager-to-fighter-heavyweight-champion-fabricio-werdum-feb-2016_579987_OpenGraphImage.jpg

Fuck it, I want the Cubbies to win it all. Hopefully they can beat the Dodgers and advance to the Series. 108 years is a long time. 1948 looks like nothing in comparison and 1988 looks like the blink of an eye. Many generations have witnessed the Cubs' ineptitude. It's time for Bartman to return from exile. It's time for the ghost of Harry Carrey to get blind drunk and slur Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

Terry Francona
Andrew Miller
Mike Napoli
Coco Crisp
Brad Mills
Theo Epstein
Jon Lester
John Lackey
Anthony Rizzo
David Ross
Jed Hoyer
Adrian Gonzalez
Dave Roberts
Josh Reddick
Rich Hill
Carl Crawford's salary.

And somebody keeps trying to tell me the Red Sox were eliminated over a week ago. I don't buy it.

Jon Lester throwing to first base 3 times in a SEASON. That is fuckin' hilarious. If Cleveland faces him, they should run like the cops are chasing after them.

Josh Reddick going up to the plate to Triple H's entrance music is pretty cool.

You can be sure if the Cubs win the NLCS, Francona will have his guys running like crazy in game 1. He knows Lester better than Wine Glass Joe does.
But... the Indians will have to get on base for it to be a factor.

People always say this and yet ignore the fact that they're not running for a reason. Ross takes care of what Lester can't do :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom