MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Honestly to me it looks like he's creating racial arguments (Griffey vs. Showalter, Bautista vs. Gossage) where the real distinction should be generational, not racial.

And he says the media doesn't embrace the Latino stars. He moved out of Boston when he was 10, if he had stayed he'd see that here (in what many consider a very racist city), the most popular players with fans over the past dozen years have been David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and Manny Ramirez. And the first 2 are/were very popular with the local media. (Manny not so much, but that had zero to do with his ethnicity).

Really? I heard they were having major connectivity problems on Monday. I like the concept but I've not heard great things about its consistency.

I didn't try it Monday but gave it a whirl yesterday because the app has Chromecast support and was able to connect with little issue.

It was laggy as it adjusted up to HD, but once it locked in on the HD feed the quality and connection never really waivers, save a hiccup here and there.

I'm sure on day one everyone was trying to jam it up and may have caused the extra issues.

We'll see how it goes when the wife tries to watch an entire red Sox game.

Honestly to me it looks like he's creating racial arguments (Griffey vs. Showalter, Bautista vs. Gossage) where the real distinction should be generational, not racial.

And he says the media doesn't embrace the Latino stars. He moved out of Boston when he was 10, if he had stayed he'd see that here (in what many consider a very racist city), the most popular players with fans over the past dozen years have been David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and Manny Ramirez. And the first 2 are/were very popular with the local media. (Manny not so much, but that had zero to do with his ethnicity).

Fair enough. Obviously there are exceptions, but I tend to agree with the writer when he says that "play the game the right way" is often used as a racial code, even if an unconscious one. I also think it translates into perceptions of how people see players of different ethnicities (Yankees fans thinking of Cano as "lazy"), but also in terms of opportunities (like the small number of Latino or African American managers). There were very negative reactions to Spanish translation, but nobody questions Kuroda or Tanaka or Darvish walking around with dedicated interpreters.

I didn't try it Monday but gave it a whirl yesterday because the app has Chromecast support and was able to connect with little issue.

It was laggy as it adjusted up to HD, but once it locked in on the HD feed the quality and connection never really waivers, save a hiccup here and there.

I'm sure on day one everyone was trying to jam it up and may have caused the extra issues.

We'll see how it goes when the wife tries to watch an entire red Sox game.
That's probably what it was, I think they offer a lot of free viewing on Opening Day and it probably clogged things up.

I read the article and I agree 100 percent with you. It's generational. Not racial. Goose Gossage is stuck in a time warp. Buck Showalter has evolved as the years have gone by. Junior was a 24 year old immature kid not realizing that he was among men getting paid to play Major League Baseball and he was still acting like a 15 year old kid. I'm sure his own dad was pissed at the way he carried himself. Not just Showalter. As the years go by, Latino players will outnumber the white players. Baseball is too slow for this generation, but the Latino players see baseball as the way out of their impoverished upbringings.

That's probably what it was, I think they offer a lot of free viewing on Opening Day and it probably clogged things up.

I just subscribed to it Monday night, so I can stream to my tv, rather than searching out illegal streams on my laptop. I found it more laggy Tuesday than Monday. I read somewhere that for the past few years, issues with lag and freezing are fairly common for the first few weeks of the season, then it improves. I see tonight's Jays - Boston game is a free view. We shall see how this one goes.

FYI Canadians - the single team option isn't available here. Just use a VPN and the option will show up, and then sign up as usual, and it works fine.

Apparently this is an infield fly.

TSuKM3p.png

Not fun losing a one run game on that. Darin Ruf not holding the bag and Nola being too scared to go home on the safety squeeze were other key plays but my God, that was as bad from a pure judgment standpoint as the St. Louis-Atlanta call a few years back.

Have I mentioned how fucking stupid the Marlins are for firing Tommy Hutton and leaving us with like... Eduardo Perez and PRESTON FUCKING WILSON??

Are we all having fun here? I'm having fun here.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom