MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great game, but I hate to say it, the Mets look poised to take the division back. All they needed to do was lose half their team to injuries.

Five series wins in a row for the White Sox.

Just staying afloat until Justin Morneau can come in and save everything.

;)

Great game, but I hate to say it, the Mets look poised to take the division back. All they needed to do was lose half their team to injuries.
They've actually gotten a number of players back of late as well, even with the high profile losses did Wright and Harvey (who really weren't doing much, anyways).

Granderson and d'Arnaud being out was huge, as it meant de Aza and Plawecki had to play every day and those dudes can't hit worth shit. Walker and Cespedes were handed up a little as well, and both seem to be rounding back into form.

Conforto was struggling big time... sending him down and promoting Jesus freak Brandon Nimmo, who just tries to make contact and smile, was a big boost as well. Conforto got too homerun happy and it was effecting his swing. When he returns it'll only go to lengthen the lineup.

I hope both teams stay healthy into September. They're clearly both among the best teams in the NL and it would be fun to see them slug it out for the division down the stretch, especially as both teams should have the fall back of the wild card in place.

Strasburg / Syndegaard again tonight. Should be a fun one.

They've actually gotten a number of players back of late as well, even with the high profile losses did Wright and Harvey (who really weren't doing much, anyways).

Granderson and d'Arnaud being out was huge, as it meant de Aza and Plawecki had to play every day and those dudes can't hit worth shit. Walker and Cespedes were handed up a little as well, and both seem to be rounding back into form.

Conforto was struggling big time... sending him down and promoting Jesus freak Brandon Nimmo, who just tries to make contact and smile, was a big boost as well. Conforto got too homerun happy and it was effecting his swing. When he returns it'll only go to lengthen the lineup.

I hope both teams stay healthy into September. They're clearly both among the best teams in the NL and it would be fun to see them slug it out for the division down the stretch, especially as both teams should have the fall back of the wild card in place.

Strasburg / Syndegaard again tonight. Should be a fun one.

Don't forget Duda; not exactly a stud but a consistent 3 WAR player. Whether starters were contributing or not, the Mets are certainly in a good position as far as their bench is concerned. They'll be chasing a SP at the deadline with the loss of Harvey (at this point he really should get the surgery), but right now it doesn't seem like they're much in need of a bat anyway. They should be reeling a bit but this new lineup has chemistry.

The Nats are a good team, treading water a bit over the past few weeks but more than capable of doing damage. With our rotation back in place after the break (Joe Ross is on the 15-day DL in the midst of a pretty good season) and expected contributors like Revere and Harper returning to form, we'll be right in the thick of it all year long.

Last edited:
@MLBStatoftheDay
Stephen Strasburg (12-0) is off to the best start by an NL pitcher since at least 1913.

I was annoyed in 2010 when people made a big deal about Ubaldo Jimenez being 15-1 or whatever at this very same time of year.

It's arbitrarily historic. The wins argument repeated and repeated.

Hal Steinbrenner is getting remarkably close to James Dolan territory.

Watched Doc and Darryl last night. Great documentary! Doc didn't look so go, though. Darryl looked healthy and happy.

Last edited:
So happy Aroldis "I'm apologizing for the use of the gun" Chapman is no longer on the Yankees.

Edit: And I don't mean to shit on the Cubs for their trade. They should be going for it. It just really sucked to see Chapman on the team.

Last edited:
Four prospects for what could amount to only three months of Chapman. Gotta do what you gotta do for a championship I guess, but this seems like a desperate overpay right now.

We're looking into Wade Davis, which probably won't be any cheaper since his contract has more time on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom