MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you weren't watching Cubs/Nats today, you missed the game of the year so far. That was amazing. Cubs had the lead three separate times over 12 innings but we got the last run.

Entire series was great, skillfully pitched and managed. Fuck the even-numbered-year Giants, I want to see this series again deep in October. Let's go.

:up:

Hopefully this is our year. The last few have been so disappointing.

Does Rob Manfred and other baseball suits look at the NBA, a league where PEDs are encouraged, and have second thoughts about the quest to rid baseball of PEDs? I hope so.

giphy.gif

The difference this year is that the Mets have fewer prospects to trade and a lot already invested in various pickups from the last 12 months. If things aren't working, it's going to be more difficult than ever to fix things at the deadline. But I do expect their power hitting and great rotation to get going once everyone gets healthy (David Wright probably never will be, not enough to depend on him).

Meanwhile, I'm attending tonight's Strasburg/Kershaw pitching duel; my first Nats game. I don't really expect to see us beat a guy with a 1.5-ish ERA, but you go to the best game, not the easiest win. Plus, if we can reach their bullpen while still in striking distance, I like our chances. Should be a great game.

Sucks that it's going to be about 90 degrees at game time...7 PM.

Last edited:
That sucked. I've got tickets to tomorrow night too, hopefully we can put up better numbers on Kazmir. Enough hits tonight to keep up, but couldn't string much together.

Last edited:
Oh...I'm afraid the deflector Shields will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

Baseballs are gonna start flying out of US Cellular like they made the jump to light speed

Shields are most definitely non-operational thus far in Chi-Town GAF.

3 starts, 8.2 IP, 21 earned runs, 21.81 ERA, 5 HR allowed.

But at least SD is paying a chunk of his salary for you over the next 3 seasons.

The Marlins currently have 5, practically 6, players batting over .300 halfway through the season. Only one isn't a starter, Ichiro. He's batting .350 and is nearly eligible in at bats to be considered a starter.

Giancarlo Stanton is batting .211 and among the lowest in the league for eligible batters.

Why, oh why?

Tonight's the night, it is out of our control now. We know not to have high expectations, but still, the anticipation is there. There's no denying it. Nearly 5 years have passed.

Attachments

• 8AydPpxK.jpg
    8AydPpxK.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
A few highlights from the Turn Back the Clock game between the Cardinals and Mariners.

Attachments

• Cl13OMaUgAExih0.jpg
    Cl13OMaUgAExih0.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Cl2N-YrUYAA_rPa.jpg
    Cl2N-YrUYAA_rPa.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Cl2lOikWEAAR561.jpg
    Cl2lOikWEAAR561.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Cl2Ub2aUgAA0Ocd.jpg
    Cl2Ub2aUgAA0Ocd.jpg