MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw this headline on my Facebook feed:

"Watch Alex Rodriguez's daughter pull off a classic bat flip after taking her dad deep"

Surely there's a better way to word this.

Rock!

[emoji7] [emoji91] [emoji108] [emoji104] [emoji119] [emoji173] [emoji461] [emoji450] [emoji487] [emoji631]

Last edited:
He's a shoo-in next season and so is Vlad. TRY EXERCISING SOME PATIENCE BEFORE SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENS TO YOU.

And, fucking psyched for Raines, awesome news.

He's a shoo-in next season and so is Vlad. TRY EXERCISING SOME PATIENCE BEFORE SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENS TO YOU.

And, fucking psyched for Raines, awesome news.

He was so close though! I will no longer be a patient baseball fan. I don't need to be anymore.

Automatic Intentional walks: Hmm, could save some time. I don't have a problem with it.
I do.

Who's to say they don't throw a wild pitch, allowing a runner to advance?

If you want to speed up the game, enforce the rules you already have in place re: batters having to get into the box and stay in the box, pitchers on a clock, mound vists, etc. And speed up instant replay, which is silly right now.

The game itself is supposed to be timeless. That's kinda the point. Worry about the extracurriculars.

I do.

Who's to say they don't throw a wild pitch, allowing a runner to advance?

If you want to speed up the game, enforce the rules you already have in place re: batters having to get into the box and stay in the box, pitchers on a clock, mound vists, etc. And speed up instant replay, which is silly right now.

The game itself is supposed to be timeless. That's kinda the point. Worry about the extracurriculars.

Who is to say the batter doesn't reach out at a lazy IW throw and hit the bell into center field for the go ahead run in extra innings?

Let's be honest... intentional walks have next to no impact on the length of the game. They're not nearly common enough to impact that length of a game.

Yeah this rule change isn't going to have any impact on speeding games up. Maybe if Barroid Bonds was still playing, but otherwise its unnecessary window dressing.

Pitching changes are the real issue. Not sure how you combat that.

Destroy the LOOGY. Require a time limit between switches. Once you're in, 5 minutes of gameplay unless injured. If leaving on injury, inactive for next game. If you delay, baserunner awarded.

Not actually a great idea - just giving a concept.

Had my fantasy draft last night and I'm thrilled with the results. Grabbed Arenado, Arrieta, and Abreu with my first three picks.

Back
Top Bottom