MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did Andrew Miller shit in your cornflakes or something? Call someone garbage and you're bound to get a response.

Do you know where Andrew Miller started his MLB career? Do you know what circumstances it was under? Do you know how it went?

Knock it off with your above thou attitude.

It'd be easier to give someone a second chance if they showed even a little remorse.

I feel for Cubs fans, they don't deserve to have a fun season like this tarnished by a creep like Chapman.

Well, I'm no Chapman apologist, but perhaps his lack of remorse got lost in translation. K-Rod did some shitty stuff while he was with the Mets, but he was able to turn things around. Hell, the Yankees had Clemens for a while and I always thought he was an asshole, but you root for the laundry.

Lucroy shoots down trade to Cleveland.

And Yankees respond to trading away relievers for prospects by... trading away prospects for Tyler Clippard? WTF?

Meh, it's fine. Vicente Campos was out of options and is an inconsequential return. They just want to have a few more options for Girardi and for spring training next year.

They still need to sort out the overcrowded Double-A/Triple-A outfield, so more trades will be coming.

Also, ship Beltran, Nova and McCann please.

I don't mind Girardi, but I mind him more today than I did 3 years ago, if that makes sense.

Also: they need to release A-Rod and Teixeira. Have Sanchez split time with McCann (if he's not trade) at catcher/dh. Tyler Austin at 1B.

They need to have a complete fire sale and bring in a manager who's known for developing young talent.

If they ever get on board with the rest of baseball and start developing young talent again instead of trying to fill their holes with quarter billion dollar contract to aging players, they'll be the Yankees again quicker than not.

I don't mind Girardi, but I mind him more today than I did 3 years ago, if that makes sense.

Also: they need to release A-Rod and Teixeira. Have Sanchez split time with McCann (if he's not trade) at catcher/dh. Tyler Austin at 1B.

I don't see the Yankees releasing AR or Tex. The Yankees don't like to eat big money and AR still has another season left on his deal. Tex will be gone after the season, though. He's still a good first basemen and can occasionally hit a home run. No sense releasing him now. There's only 2 months left.

I've questioned how Girardi has given guys off at weird times, but I think he's done the best with what he's been given. He hasn't had the best roster to deal with in the last few years. :wink: Until they can find a better replacement, he should remain the manager.

I don't see the Yankees releasing AR or Tex. The Yankees don't like to eat big money and AR still has another season left on his deal. Tex will be gone after the season, though. He's still a good first basemen and can occasionally hit a home run. No sense releasing him now. There's only 2 months left.

I've questioned how Girardi has given guys off at weird times, but I think he's done the best with what he's been given. He hasn't had the best roster to deal with in the last few years. :wink: Until they can find a better replacement, he should remain the manager.
The reason would be to give some of these young kids more playing time. The Yankees look like they're finally realizing that just throwing money at aging veterans doesn't work the way it used to. Rip off the band aid and go all in.

My team is perfectly content with losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.

This is fine...

Marlins returned Rea to San Diego for RHP prospect Castillo upon Rea injuring himself in his first start as a Marlin.

Strange.

Congrats on a career, Tex. It's a shame you didn't play in the pre-shift era.

Congrats on a career, Tex. It's a shame you didn't play in the pre-shift era.

The shame is that he chose not to adapt to the shift and make more attempts to hit the ball the other way.

I couldn't see any team signing him next year anyway, so this was kind of a no -brainer for Tex.

He was a great first baseman and obviously could hit home runs. Plus, he'll always have the 2009 World Championship. Easily, the most expensive Championship team in MLB history. :wink:

Speaking of former Mariners, old #13 of the Yankees done as a player August 12. Yanks making the right move here. They'll eat the money and make him tapdance on a hotplate or something. :wink:

Oh, and Ichiro got his 3000th MLB hit. Ichiro has been one of my favorite players since his MLB career started in 2001. Glad to see him get it done. Unlike AR, Ichiro is a future Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
Sure they do, but AR had a tough time keeping banned substances out of his body. Those HoF voters no likey.

i hate the whole idea of that. it destroys the integrity of the hof way more than having another ped user in with the dozens of others that just happened to never get caught. but for some reason the voters seem to think they are achieving some moral victory by pretending the guys with hundreds of home runs over decades just didn't exist.

i hate the whole idea of that. it destroys the integrity of the hof way more than having another ped user in with the dozens of others that just happened to never get caught. but for some reason the voters seem to think they are achieving some moral victory by pretending the guys with hundreds of home runs over decades just didn't exist.

Well, I've never cared if players used PED's. You still gotta hit the ball or pitch the ball. But, they are supposedly compromising the integrity of the game by using banned substances.

Well, I've never cared if players used PED's. You still gotta hit the ball or pitch the ball. But, they are supposedly compromising the integrity of the game by using banned substances.

exactly. ped's aren't like allergy pills. people take them for a while, but it's not something your body can physically take for entire baseball seasons. of course mcgwire and bonds did a ton of ped's. guys from the 80s were doing lines in the clubhouse and sailed into the hall. i can tell you from personal experience that a constant supply of cocaine is likely as about as "performance enhancing" as it gets when it comes to drugs for playing baseball.

like yea, barry bonds obviously took a shit load of drugs, but he wasn't shooting them up like a junkie for 22 fucking years because if he did that (or any other drug you have to inject into yourself for that matter) he would be so physically fucked up he wouldn't be able to see a baseball to hit it. he hit 750 home runs. put the man in the goddam hall of fame, ffs.

also, lance armstrong won all 7 tours de france #fuckjanullrich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom