MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could be the perfect time for the Yankees to also trade Miller and/or Betances. The recent winning streak has been annoying, but hopefully they come to their senses soon.

So happy Aroldis "I'm apologizing for the use of the gun" Chapman is no longer on the Yankees.

Edit: And I don't mean to shit on the Cubs for their trade. They should be going for it. It just really sucked to see Chapman on the team.

I'm furious. I can't stand the guy and this really sours the season for me. Winning is fun and all, but this isn't worth it. I am not going to stop watching or anything stupid like that, but I'm pretty bitter.

I'm furious. I can't stand the guy and this really sours the season for me. Winning is fun and all, but this isn't worth it. I am not going to stop watching or anything stupid like that, but I'm pretty bitter.

I hear you. The Cubs still have a likeable and exciting team, so don't let one asshole ruin it for you.

No certainly not. This is just the first time I've ever actively hated someone on the team. It's a weird feeling.

And with the history between him and the team I find it hard to believe there won't be clubhouse issues

Sent from my SM-G935T using U2 Interference mobile app

So happy Aroldis "I'm apologizing for the use of the gun" Chapman is no longer on the Yankees.

Edit: And I don't mean to shit on the Cubs for their trade. They should be going for it. It just really sucked to see Chapman on the team.

I had no problem with him on the team. I don't condone what he did, but everybody deserves a second chance. He was highly productive and also a good trade chip for the Yankees. Things worked out well for the Yankees. Plus, the Cubs got themselves a good closer who throws 105 MPH.

Yeah, those ChiSox '76 throwbacks are horrible. They had good uniforms in the 90's, though. Sale needs to remember he's a professional.

I don't condone what he did, but everybody deserves a second chance.
It'd be easier to give someone a second chance if they showed even a little remorse.

I feel for Cubs fans, they don't deserve to have a fun season like this tarnished by a creep like Chapman.

mlbtr is reporting 4 players going to San Diego and 3 coming back to Miami. Surely not that much of an overpay, especially since the extremely fragile Capps is one of them.

mlbtr is reporting 4 players going to San Diego and 3 coming back to Miami. Surely not that much of an overpay, especially since the extremely fragile Capps is one of them.

I mean the trade was Naylor, Capps, Cosart, and Castillo for Cashner, Rea, and Guerrero. We basically gave them Carter Capps to pay salary. Typical Marlins move. For an underperforming rental, and I don't care if Naylor was an underperforming prospect after one year. The Marlins don't have anyone in the farm right now. They gave up two top-5 players. One was their last year's first round pick.

That's a massive overpayment. Rea for Cosart is hardly even an upgrade.

Last edited:
Capps is oft injured though. He's not really a hot commodity because of that. So if Cosart and Rea are similar, it turns out as Cashner, Guerrero, and money for Naylor, Castillo, and a guy who's never been healthy for a whole season and has had multiple injuries to his pitching shoulder. From an outsider on everyone but Capps, it's an evenish deal with the Marlins going for it now and helping the Padres rebuild their terrible franchise.

There's a reason the Marlins system isn't great right now: lots of major league stars-to-everyday players have been produced from it over the last few years. Fernandez. Yelich. Ozuna. Shortstop defensive wizard with the name I don't wanna look up.

You're missing the point... they didn't bring back anything that particularly makes them better. The inclusion of Capps is just stupid. His value isn't high, obviously because he's injured frequently. He's more valuable to the Marlins than anyone else, and we wasted him in a deal where, were the Marlins not so cheap, he didn't need to be included.

Cashner doesn't really make this team better. He's a rental, and not and exactly having a good year.

It should be good for Cashner heading into free agency, though. He'll get to boost his numbers against the weak lineups of the NL East for the rest of the season.

Damn, I'm going to miss Miller.

But Cashman just turned a somewhat middling Yankees farm into a top-5 system by trading 2 relievers, one of which was a rental. Holy shit.

Back
Top Bottom