MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Baseball offseason :drool:

Winter meetings in a few days.

Jeter and the Yanks' upper management are holding hands and skipping to the ice cream truck.

Ashley is pissed off at Ryan Theriot.

One of Ozzie's kids, a mostly unreliable and bonkers source, is tweeting that the White Sox have signed "a big bat, slow, can't play D."

:hmm:

Jenks has been on the decline for years now. And there are always the health/weight/attitude issues with him. I love him, he's a legend here, and what he did for us, especially in '05, will never be forgotten. But it was time to cut ties. We have two nasty lefthanders (Thornton and Sale) that can step in and close immediately. Although Sale may try to jump in the rotation, too. We'll see.

Jenks can definitely still be effective (for how long, I don't know) on another team. Hope he lands on a team that I don't hate.

That's interesting, I thought he was a lock to stay there for a while. His salary was getting high, though. I wonder who will make a move for him. The Yankees need a lockdown setup man since Joba obviously can't do the job, but I'm pretty sure they don't want to pay as much and that Jenks wants to close somewhere else. The Orioles may be an option, I guess.

dunn.jpg

Holy shit.

They should keep in mind, they should keep in mind, there is nothing we do better than revenge.

Well, the rumor had been out there for some time.

White Sox Reach Agreement With Adam Dunn
By Tim Dierkes [December 2, 2010 at 3:55pm CST]
3:55pm: The sides agreed to a four-year, $56MM deal, according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today (on Twitter). The Nationals will obtain Chicago's 23rd overall pick in next year's draft for losing a Type A free agent after offering arbitration.

Now, the question is whether Konerko will stay... that could be quite a formidable lineup.

I'm on fucking cloud nine. There is no feeling quite like when your team signs a big, exciting new player. Dunn is going to just ABUSE those short porches at U.S. Cellular Field. My god.

Now, this sets some other moves in motion. No question. Konerko is the priority. But this signing could trigger a big trade or two, possible one of our starters. And it also makes the Pierzynski resigning a bit more cloudy.

But, fuck me. What a great day this is.

Wow. We already resigned Pierzynski. This was one of those "not fucking around AT ALL" days for Kenny and Co.

1. Juan Pierre
2. Gordon Beckham :heart::heart::heart:
3. Carlos Quentin
4. Paul Konerko
5. Adam Dunn
6. Alex Rios
7. Alexei Ramirez
8. A.J. Pierzynski
9. Teahen/Vizquel/Morel/Viciedo

Uh-oh.

Now what remains to be seen is if we trade one of our starters.

1. Buehrle
2. Peavy
3. Danks
4. Floyd
5. Jackson
6. Sale (if needed)

Bullpen - Thornton, Putz, Pena, Santos, Sale (again, depends where he's needed), etc.

So it seems right now the bullpen might be the weakest spot, if you had to pick one. Although it certainly isn't bad. Those are very talented arms.

Peavy's health is a ?, although the guy is insanely competitive, and it sounds like everything has gone well in rehabilitation. And there's a revolving door at third base, including the ancient but still productive Omar Vizquel (the only player left in MLB to have played in the '80s), the overpaid Mark Teahen, big potential youngster Dayan Viciedo, and decent potential youngster Brent Morel.

All in all, very exciting day to be a White Sox fan. I will sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

Thanks for handling that tactfully. Some of us just got woken up with a damn text message from CSN about it and aren't feeling too happy just now.

Mariano is close to being resigned for two years. Best news of the day, even if it was somewhat expected.

edit: Didn't mean to be insensitive to ron santo passing. This was indeed a sad year for broadcasters. RIP.

Too bad about Santo.

In all honesty, he should probably still be alive, but having to watch the Cubs all the time certainly took years off of his life.

Santo lived to an impressive age, given all the problems he had

I'll miss him this summer. I'll never claim he was a great commentator, but he made listening to the radio fun. I loved how angry he'd get with the Cubs, it was a nice way to vent out my own frustrations with the team.

God, I'm just so sad still.

I am devastated... I love Pat Hughes, but I paid $25 every summer to listen to the both of them over the internet. This summer was a rough one for Ron, I could tell. He was in and out of the booth often, so I'm not overly surprised.

But I am very sad and will be for a while. His voice will be missed next summer. It won't be the same without him.

:hug: I know what you mean, Phil, I would watch the video but listen to the audio of Pat and Ron when I was away at school. One of the big relieving "I'm home" feelings always came from being able to just flip them on on my radio.

I can't believe that's all the Red Sox had to give up, if the reports are true.

Gonzalez is a beast. If he had that type of production with half his games at Petco, I can just imagine what he'll be like at Fenway.

What a fleecing this is gonnabee. Wow.

1. When did the word "fleece" join the common vocabulary in sports discussion? That shit bugs me.

2. Let's maybe wait until the prospects Boston sent have time to develop before we call it a "fleecing." It looks like this Casey Kelly cat is very highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom