MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sandra-oh-7.jpg

4_1.jpg

The Marlins could use infield depth if Dominguez doesn't make it out of ST, although he probably will. Lookin good so far.

Don't know how I feel about Wes Helms though :/

Well the Marlins officially are discussing bringing him back.

Like I said before, we have a pretty questionable bench playing awfully out of position:
Coghlan, an original 2B converted LF now converted CF.
Matt Dominguez at 3B with a great glove but questionable bat.
Omar Infante at 2B.
Emilio Bonifacio and Wes Helms off the bench to cover 3B, 2B, and CF. Weak.

You make me sad.

Then you've got the Braves and Rays playing 2nd basemen in the OF...not the best use of resources, though Atlanta gets a pass because they're Atlanta and also because eventually Chipper will retire or die and they can play Uggla at 3rd.

Seriously if I'm the Phils I play Polanco at 2b and find some random corner bat for peanuts, like Pedro Feliz or whoever.

Then you've got the Braves and Rays playing 2nd basemen in the OF...not the best use of resources, though Atlanta gets a pass because they're Atlanta and also because eventually Chipper will retire or die and they can play Uggla at 3rd.

Seriously if I'm the Phils I play Polanco at 2b and find some random corner bat for peanuts, like Pedro Feliz or whoever.

Uggla at 3rd? Cmon now, the dude can hardly play his own position. If he had any versatility in him whatsoever you'd have seen it by now.

Oh lord despite his decline in play that's almost as hard to stomach as Jeff Conine being a Phillie. And then a Met.

I'll still never forget that game versus the Mets when they fielded Lo Duca, Delgado, Castillo, Easley, Conine, in that game, with Guillermo Mota coming out of the pen and Jason Vargas on the mound. And, if I'm not mistaken, even Moises Alou came up for an AB. I remember it ever so vaguely, Conine and Easley brought into the game and it was all Marlins versus their old team. Makes ya sick to your stomach.

Yes, I haven't heard that one before.

But then again, despite an awful trade or two, and despite the tight restrictions on cash brought about by Jeffery Loria (who has really been spending it up this year), this team looks like a true WC contender, and if it were not for the Phillies a strong division contender.

Quite honestly, I'll take my 2 rings in less than 20 years of existence any day if it means trading our players away. Just sayin'.

I was informed while playing basketball that Castillo was signed. Every Philly fan within ear shot started swearing profusely.

What an awful signing.

The Oliver Perez era with the Mets is over.

Perez was told he has been released during a early meeting Monday morning with manager Terry Collins and general manager Sandy Alderson, Perez said.

When Perez emerged from the meeting a few minutes past 8, he immediately went around the clubhouse, shaking hands and saying goodbye to players.

:happy:

i think ollie looks good in red, too.

Getting rid of Castillo and Perez is the best thing the Mets could do.

I cannot remember Philly fans being more united on one issue than hating this signing. There's a 0.2% part of the population that thinks it's a good, low-risk move, and a 99.8% part of the population that thinks this smells like desperation, having no faith that Utley will play this year or that any of our minor leaguers could back up Wilson Valdez.

I'm not at all confident in this team, despite having the "greatest pitching staff since forever" or whatever we're supposed to be masturbating over right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom