MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was talking about Jeter moving to the OF, not Hanley (maybe to make room for Hanley, who knows...)?

Poor fucking baby:

Angry Yanks prez to Rangers: Stay off welfare - ESPN New York

Nolan-Ryan-Holding-AL-Championship-Trophy.jpg

It definitely does seem that much of the Yankee fan base thought signing Clifford was a foregone conclusion.

Oops.

1. Cut a hole in the box.

2. Big 4.

3. Topple as in ... get injured?

Well Big like.. 8... but that's not the point.

Topple as in... in any way. Injury, random failure, hit by a bus, you name it.

Or... or the Marlins could just for some reason play really well against the Phillies. Well enough to steal the WC. I'd be cool with that.

On a side note, I'm stuck alone on MB.com vehemently defending U2 and Bono in the whole Seattle/Marlins thread there atm.

Definitely blame Bono - if he didn't injure his back, they wouldn't of needed to reschedule the date and this issue never would of popped up

Then again, a back injury was inevitable for bono - you know given that he not only has to carry around a big head and a giant ego while shouldering all the worlds poverty, sickness and problems .... pretty hard to accomplish in the heavy air of self importance the guy lives in ..... Atlas wasn't as burdoned

I hope it rains the whole time

But then again, these are the same people that I'm sitting explaining to that you can't just use a helicopter to drop the 200 tonne claw in one piece... just doesn't work that way.

I believe when Peef said Big 4 he meant the rotation of Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Oswalt...not number of centimeters in the box.

... I know what he was saying lol...

I dont include Hamels in that list.

But I mean, I dont do that to discredit Hamels. Just because... if you include Hamels you might as well include Howard, Chase Utley, and the whole damn Phillies roster because they're so good.

Was Cory Lidle's plane the first "Is Bono OK?" incident that started the phenomenon?
I thought there was something prior, something in Montreal (riot or something) that coincided with the band being there.

Anyway, I heard some folks were killed by snow plows while walking in New York and NJ yesterday, I hope Bono is OK, hopefully he wasn't out for a stroll.

The Montreal bit sounds vaguely familiar, but the Cory Lidle incident sticks out for sheer ridiculousness.

Hamels is better than Oswalt by a pretty decent margin.

Considering that absolutely nasty finish he had with Philly I'm surprised a Philly fan would say that. It's debatable, I'd say the numbers favor Oswalt though.

In my eyes, and I'd say most of the general public, people would be more impressed by seeing Halladay, Lee, and Oswalt rather than Halladay, Lee, and Hamels.

Who had a nasty finish?

I don't know many Philly fans who like Oswalt more than Hamels. Oswalt's really just got more years of impressive pitching, which makes sense because he's 33 and Hamels is 27. But I think Hamels, when he's on (and he's almost always been on aside from 2009), is a better pitcher.

But I mean, I dont do that to discredit Hamels. Just because... if you include Hamels you might as well include Howard, Chase Utley, and the whole damn Phillies roster because they're so good.

If you're gonna go with that logic, then the big 3 would be Halladay, Lee, and Utley. But it was fairly easy to assume you were talking about starting pitching and only starting pitching by your initial comment.

If you're gonna go with that logic, then the big 3 would be Halladay, Lee, and Utley. But it was fairly easy to assume you were talking about starting pitching and only starting pitching by your initial comment.

Indeed I was, anyways the whole Big 'Whatever' is irrelevant because it's baseball, not basketball. 3 players cant anchor a team. Point is, the Phillies are going to be scary good.

Some unnatural occurrence would need to happen to bring them down to earth.

I tend to almost forget about age in baseball as it's definitely the least relevant versus the other of the 4 major NA sports.

As for the Marlins, it almost looks like certainty that they will be entering the season with a large amount of question marks but still big potential (meh).

Who is going to play CF? As it stands now the converted 2B to LF to CF Chris Coghlan looks to fill that role.

Which Javier Vazquez do the Marlins get? Is he finally done for good? Can Ricky Nolasco actually pitch (no)? Will Leo Nunez be able to develop a new pitch and fill into the closing role that he lost last season? Will Matt Dominguez make it out of ST and play 3B?

Exciting exciting, baseball's just right around the corner!

Impy: the Phils are looking at Jason Grilli. He played for Texas. Any thoughts?

You mean Jason "the human gas can" Grilli? He has a good fastball and strikes out a bunch of guys, but he walks a guy every other inning.

Why has Citizens Bank Park not hosted an All-Star Game?

Stupid reasons... neither team in Florida has hosted an All-Star game.

Not exactly prime location... but also a really poor way to influence the game around there as well. It's in the MLB's best interest to host all-star games in new parks, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom