MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, relievers can be so up and down and all over the place, I don't even know really what to expect. He put up very strong numbers last year, but apparently before last year he wasn't thought of very highly in the organization? So, who knows. He could keep his strong 2010 going, or revert to past struggles. We'll see. We definitely needed another arm in the pen, though.

As you guys know, I'm generally very positive about the sports teams I root for and, like many baseball fans, I always find something exciting and some reason for hope going into each and every year. But, I will say, legitimately, I haven't been this excited for a White Sox team since before '05. I fucking can't wait to get going.

And spring training will be here before we know it.

Yeah, relievers can be so up and down and all over the place, I don't even know really what to expect. He put up very strong numbers last year, but apparently before last year he wasn't thought of very highly in the organization? So, who knows. He could keep his strong 2010 going, or revert to past struggles. We'll see. We definitely needed another arm in the pen, though.

The short memory of Twins fans (all fans?) only recall the two-run homer that Teixeira hit off Crain in the playoffs. But, he was pretty solid all year, and I'm not sure why the Twins didn't try harder to keep him. I said it at the beginning of 2010, I don't think it would take much for Crain to be a solid closer either.

BTW--I guess we are working to keep Pavano.

Oh we oh. MAGGLIO!

1. CF AJackson
2. 2B WRhymes/CGuillen
3. RF MOrdonez
4. 1B MCabrera
5. DH VMartinez
6. SS JhPeralta
7. LF RRayburn (that's not a typo or a joke, but it is sad)
8. 3B BInge
9. C AAvila

Starting Five:
1. JVerlander
2. MScherzer
3. RPorcello
4. PCoke?
5. AGallaraga?

Back O' the B'Pen
8th JBenoit
9th JValverde

While this isn't a team that is going to breeze through their division, let alone their league, I like the chances if everyone stays healthy.

Well your lineup has as many holes as ours does, but your rotation is probably better top to bottom (if they don't trade Buhrle). Then again, I like the make up of our bullpen better than yours.

Post your expected starting line-up. I'd like to see how you see that shaping up.

Oh and your manager is an idiot.

1. Juan Pierre - LF
2. Gordon Beckham - 2B :cute:
3. Alex Rios - CF
4. Paul Konerko - 1B
5. Adam Dunn - DH
6. Carlos Quentin - RF
7. A.J. Pierzynski - C
8. Alexei Ramirez (a Silver Slugger winner hitting 8th? yeah) - SS
9. Mark Teahen/Dayan Viciedo/Brent Morel/Omar Vizquel - 3B

Our rotation is significantly stronger than yours from top to bottom but, yeah, our bullpen is the weak spot, although it just got a little bit deeper today. And has a few nice power arms in it.

Our manager is an idiot. But he's the greatest kind of idiot.

You have more recognizable names in your rotation, but I wouldn't say you're much better than us. I expect Porcello will have the type of bounce back year Verlander had in 08 which will give us a very strong top 3. Our only question is about the final two spots in the rotation. I put down Coke and Galaraga because that is what the Tigers are saying publicly, but anyone who has watched the in the DD era knows that he isn't afraid to give our young studs a shot. I'd be surprised if one of our young arms didn't find a spot on the rotation.

The Sux have Buhrle, Danks and Peavy. Floyd and Jackson are always hard to predict. So you have question marks there as well.

It's not completely official but, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going down. It was all over the news this morning. They said a deal could be official by the end of the week.

Jenks to the Red Sox. Peace out, bad man. We'll miss you, but you kind of became a big, fat question mark every time you stepped on the mound. Maybe a change of scenery will help keep you from putting at least two men on base every time you come in to an intense late game situation.

Now there are only three remaining members of the World Series squad. Buehrle, Konerko, and A.J. Keepin it real.

Jenks to the Red Sox. Peace out, bad man. We'll miss you, but you kind of became a big, fat question mark every time you stepped on the mound. Maybe a change of scenery will help keep you from putting at least two men on base every time you come in to an intense late game situation.

Eh, as a BoSox fan I'd rather have Crain than Jenks. Jenks could rebound, but I don't see him sniffing a closer role unless both Papelbon and Bard really tank.

Eh, as a BoSox fan I'd rather have Crain than Jenks. Jenks could rebound, but I don't see him sniffing a closer role unless both Papelbon and Bard really tank.

Papelbon is as good as gone after this season. I imagine Jenks will be allowed to duke it out with Bard for the closer role next season.

Well, my sister's going to be happy to hear Kerry's back. He's kind of a big deal to her. I love the guy myself, but we'll see what happens.

Apparently he took a lot less money to go to the Cubs, which is cool. He seems to really like the team.

RIP Bob Feller...I'm sure NSW (aka MIA) is crushed by his passing.

He was hell of a promoter of the game. I met him (Bob Feller, not NSW) at a Beloit Brewers game in the early nineties. He sat there and talked baseball with us for 40 minutes. Very cool.

Enjoy Jesse Crain GAF, I think he's a pretty damn decent pitcher.
Hopefully, the Twins can hit him.

Agreed. Sad to see him go to the White Sox. BUT...Tsuyoshi Nishioka is coming (or actually in Minnesota now). Should be interesting to see what he can bring.

Our manager is an idiot. But he's the greatest kind of idiot.

I love to disagree with you, but cannot here. As much of an idiot he seems to be,I think he does a great job managing his team.

The Martin signing is the most annoying part of this offseason for me.

Well, that shit didn't matter once we had Crain in the bag.

I've always kinda liked Kerry Wood, by the way. I remember that 20 strikeout game like it was yesterday. I can vividly picture him pumping his fist after he got the 20th man out with that fucking NASTY slider. Probably the coolest thing that's happened to the Cubs since the invention of the microwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom