MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache disingenuous? Never! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm with you, Gump! The Yanks will be fine. Shit, now the pressure is really on the Phils and the BoSox to produce with their Big Ticket free agent signings.

was i being disingenuous when i defended jeter's gold glove? oh, that's right... i'm only disingenuous when i'm insulting the yankees, not when i'm giving them or one of their players credit.

Hey, I never called you that. I've got no problem with you insulting the Yankees. We're just having some fun. C'mon, man, if you can dish it, you gotta take it. :wink: Don't make me drop a "Lighten up, Francis!" on you. :wink:

they are, but nearly as old as the yankees are. it would be a concern, but that rotation is so deep they should be able to get through whatever injury bugs may pop up throughout the season.

and if you're going to take a risk on a 32 year old ace, it's nice when he can be your third ace.
Oh, absolutely. Rollins hasn't had a good year since he was MVP, and Utley's injured frequently. Ibanez and Polanco are up there too.

But the irony of how old the Yankees are seems lost on them, as you pointed out.

was i being disingenuous when i defended jeter's gold glove? oh, that's right... i'm only disingenuous when i'm insulting the yankees, not when i'm giving them or one of their players credit.

Headache, I apologize for that - it was uncalled for. I actually meant to engage in an interesting discussion (which we had to that point). I think you are generally fair with your criticisms of the Yankees, so I really didn't mean to be antagonistic. Sorry about that.

When I said I like the Mets, I was genuine - they are my favorite NL team. I know it's a strange combination, but I'm not even a New Yorker, so who cares?

Ok, let's spread the love elsewhere:

Hideki Matsui is close to signing with Oakland as their DH for 2011.

Former Blue Jay, Lyle Overbay, has signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates for a one year deal.

uh oh... a yankee/mets fan.

There's 2 of those in the entire universe, and they're both in this thread. What are the odds?

I am curious to see what the Yankees do re: pitching. I actually like Hughes, but after him and CC there's major question marks even if Pettitte comes back. There's a rumor floating about Blanton to the Sox, but I think he actually makes more sense for the Yanks as a 4/5 guy.

Philadelphia+Phillies+v+San+Francisco+Giants+qZS9IOO9vKMl.jpg

The heaviest of the B's.

You know, I seem to remember a certain team from Flushing, NY had a pretty darn good rotation in 1986. Granted, none of them won 20 games, but none of them lost more than 7 games and that was the fifth starter.

Gooden- 17-6
Darling- 15-6
Ojeda- 18-5
Fernandez- 16-6
Aguilera- 10-7

Even Roger McDowell was 14-9 coming out of the pen and he had 22 Saves too.

Apparently the Yankees are looking at making a move for Zambrano.

Bringing Big Z's batshit antics to an even bigger stage? Sounds like a great idea!

Bringing Big Z's batshit antics to an even bigger stage? Sounds like a great idea!

I hope they go for it too. I'm tired of his bullshit.

RE: Cliff Lee, was there ever really a chance he was going to stay with the Rangers? Because I'm kind of amazed by how many of my Texas friends were crushed by his leaving.

i've never liked that headcase. i always lol when he blows a gasket

if he comes to new york i could totally see the crowd getting to him so much he ends up in the stands

RE: Cliff Lee, was there ever really a chance he was going to stay with the Rangers? Because I'm kind of amazed by how many of my Texas friends were crushed by his leaving.

Word is that they gave Texas the opportunity to guarantee a 7th year and would have signed, but they wouldn't and he then signed for 5 plus an option in Philly, so I dunno where the logic there is...maybe he liked Texas enough to stay if he was guaranteed the extra year, and if not figured he'd go back to Philly cause he just can't get enough of Geno's. :shrug:

Shrewd move by Chuck and Nolan balking at a seventh year, if you ask me. Either way, I've got no hard feelings. If next year's interleague series wasn't in Philly, you could expect a big ovation for the guy at the Ballpark.

Now to make a pitch (punny!) for Greinke or Josh Johnson.

This whole thing has been a bit embarrassing personally because I was vehement that Lee would never be in a Phillies uniform again. I didn't think Lee would accept the terms of backloading the contract to make the books work, but hey, the money's guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom