MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see this happening at all when Carl Crawford is four years younger and unsigned.

Also, if Crawford turns out to be too expensive, Boston might just suck it up and play Reddick/Kalish/whoever for this year, then shop for a OF next year.

Annnnnnnnd there it is.

Konerko is back.

Back in black.

Look the fuck out.

I'm sure we won't get the love from the talking heads and the prognosticators but, with our offense and our starting rotation, I don't see how we're not one of the favorites to win the whole fucking thing in 2011. Just nasty shit. And I'm sure Kenny will go out and pick up a reliever or two to help out there.

Good god, I love the White Sox.

I like the White Sox for next year, GAF.

In other news, Yankees will reportedly offer 6/138 for Lee. That's too much, and amazingly it may not get it done. In any case, I feel that by 2017 or so there will be like 150 million coming out of the payroll. But 2014-16 won't be pretty.

Carlos Pena to the Cubbies.

That's pretty spiffy.

I can't pretend to be excited about the Cubs next year at all. Something about this season really soured me. I'm ready to just start clean, new Manager, hopefully a younger team and just a general healing period. If something good comes out of that, great, if not, I don't think I'll be as devastated this year as I was the last.

Annnnnnnnd there it is.

Konerko is back.

Back in black.

Look the fuck out.

I'm sure we won't get the love from the talking heads and the prognosticators but, with our offense and our starting rotation, I don't see how we're not one of the favorites to win the whole fucking thing in 2011. Just nasty shit. And I'm sure Kenny will go out and pick up a reliever or two to help out there.

Good god, I love the White Sox.

Hmm...looking forward to the Twins/Sox competition this year, depending on WTF our respective pitching staffs look like.

Good for Konerko and Chicago.

The Yankees have signed the Cubs pitching coach, now Mark Prior, and maybe Kerry Wood is next. What's with the Cubs reunion?

Apparently I did not learn my lesson from twitter yet. I read quickly that they had signed Prior on a minor league deal, but I can't find confirmation now.

Apparently I did not learn my lesson from twitter yet. I read quickly that they had signed Prior on a minor league deal, but I can't find confirmation now.

I suggest you either go to the Yankees website, Yahoo or the New York Post's website. One of those three could provide you any confirmations you might be looking for.

if they get crawford. they can never. ever. bitch about the money new york spends again. ever.

How many lefties are there in the Sox lineup now? I hope we get Lee and that Pettitte comes back.

poor j.j hardy. baltimore has added him and strikeout machine mark reynolds in the last few days.

now that crawford has signed, what happens to jacoby ellsbury? i've always kinda liked him. well, as much as i can considering...

poor j.j hardy. baltimore has added him and strikeout machine mark reynolds in the last few days.

now that crawford has signed, what happens to jacoby ellsbury? i've always kinda liked him. well, as much as i can considering...

Musical outfielders. Lol! Mike Cameron ain't getting any younger, so I suppose Ellsbury/Cameron in Center and JD Drew in Left. I guess that's known as a good problem. Plus, they could always trade Cameron. I think he's got one year left on his 2 year deal. He might be tough to trade obviously since he missed most of 2010.

Latest news: Lee receives 15 years, $315 million offer, but agent says a decision will not be made before Christmas.

Yes. I should have increased that to 25 years to make it clear. See, the way this offseason is going, 15 years is borderline realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom