MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #376
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Eeeeh, not so happy about the prospects being lost, I don't think this season has any purpose whatsoever except to try and get the next Cubs generation in line, but whatever, I'm beyond caring at this point about 2011 and the season hasn't even started. (I have no idea why I feel that way, and I'm sure it comes off poorly about myself as a fan, but for some reason, I just am not with it at all, at least not atm.)
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #377
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 10:10 PM
That's not wrong. Sometimes your teams just give you no hope. I haven't really given a shit about the Sixers in a long time. I pay attention, but who they sign and trade has yet to give me any reason to care.
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #378
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,003
Local Time: 07:10 PM
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #379
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 07:10 PM
But with bad news, always a ray of light and laughter. Thank you Chicago Sun Times:

Today in regrettable mix-ups: The Chicago Sun-Times and “Matt Garza” | Off the Bench

Quote:
More so than casual racism, I’m going to chalk this up to lazy editing and a general unfamiliarity with Tampa Bay baseball– the latter part of which can hardly be held against anyone.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I hope the Yankees don't give up a draft pick for Soriano. Ugh.
Well, Cashman definitely doesn't listen to me.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,283
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Tell me you're not seriously complaining about acquiring Rafael Soriano. Dude. Please.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan
Tell me you're not seriously complaining about acquiring Rafael Soriano. Dude. Please.
Sure, that bullpen looks pretty good right now. Just saying that 3/35 and a draft pick in a deep draft is a lot for a setup man, given that they have a pretty good close as is.

That said, if this leads them to put Joba back in the rotation and try to salvage whatever is left there, maybe it would be an ok deal.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #383
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,426
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Considering that it looks more and more like andy ape tit won't be returning, I think joba returning to the rotation is likely.

I'd also like to add that joba isn't a starting pitcher.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Never underestimate the Yankees' ineptitude when it comes to developing pitching. I think it is very unlikely that they will actually put him in the rotation.

I disagree that he isn't a starting pitcher, though. Maybe he is no longer one because of the team screwing up his development. Before his injury and the Joba rules, he had 34 starts with a 3.54 ERA. In any case, what's the harm in trying? It's not like he's an indispensable reliever now or that he has any trade value. All he needs to do is to be better than Mitre to help the team. I'd like to think he can do it...
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 10:10 PM

It was a good move for Cashman to sign Soriano. The Yanks' fortunes with number one draft picks ain't the greatest. Plus, they now have a contingency plan when Mariano retires or if/when he sustains some sort of nagging injury in 2011/12.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #386
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,486
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Papelbon is the Yanks' plan for when Rivera hangs it up.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,426
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump
Never underestimate the Yankees' ineptitude when it comes to developing pitching. I think it is very unlikely that they will actually put him in the rotation.

I disagree that he isn't a starting pitcher, though. Maybe he is no longer one because of the team screwing up his development. Before his injury and the Joba rules, he had 34 starts with a 3.54 ERA. In any case, what's the harm in trying? It's not like he's an indispensable reliever now or that he has any trade value. All he needs to do is to be better than Mitre to help the team. I'd like to think he can do it...
Well I do agree that the yankees have completely screwed up joba's development, but I think he was screwed because he had the perfect mentality to be a terrific reliever.

I simply don't think he has the makeup to be a starter. He can't possibly pitch with that same volatility and intensity as a starter.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Well I do agree that the yankees have completely screwed up joba's development, but I think he was screwed because he had the perfect mentality to be a terrific reliever.

I simply don't think he has the makeup to be a starter. He can't possibly pitch with that same volatility and intensity as a starter.
Fair enough. It's an opinion many in Yankeeland seem to share. But since he is a mediocre reliever, I'm willing to take a risk to put him on the rotation.

In other news, shutdown bullpen seems to be this year's run prevention mantra.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,426
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump

Fair enough. It's an opinion many in Yankeeland seem to share. But since he is a mediocre reliever, I'm willing to take a risk to put him on the rotation.

In other news, shutdown bullpen seems to be this year's run prevention mantra.
Well I think he's a mediocre reliever because of how they treated him.

At the very least, no matter what you think joba should be, most would agree that the "joba rules" and how they treated him were an utter failure.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #390
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,426
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Mets signed chris young... I approve
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com