MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this chatter about the Twins wanting to trade Liliano (and the Yankees as an obvious interested team). Why would the Twins trade him?

If I'm the Yankees, I wouldn't give up the farm for him, given the injury history and my assumption that the Twins must know something about it to want to trade him with two years left in his contract. No Montero, no Sanchez, no pitching prospect whose name starts with a B, please.

I was going to post about this, but gave up when it seemed to wash through the local sports coverage as mostly bullshit.

When Liriano is good, he's great. But seriously, where's the guarantee that he will have a great 2011?
There was/is some speculation that if he starts the year doing great, he may be trade material, but thankfully people questioned WTF you'd trade him for? The Twins need good pitching and healthy players, that's really about it, so who cares what we could get for Liriano?

I was going to post about this, but gave up when it seemed to wash through the local sports coverage as mostly bullshit.

When Liriano is good, he's great. But seriously, where's the guarantee that he will have a great 2011?
There was/is some speculation that if he starts the year doing great, he may be trade material, but thankfully people questioned WTF you'd trade him for? The Twins need good pitching and healthy players, that's really about it, so who cares what we could get for Liriano?

Oh yeah, apart from the injury history he's a phenomenal pitcher. High K/9, lots of groundballs, and a lefty.

I think he starts the year in Minny.

Oh yeah, apart from the injury history he's a phenomenal pitcher. High K/9, lots of groundballs, and a lefty.

I think he starts the year in Minny.

Agreed. Liriano is one of the top pitchers in baseball, his slightly above average ERA hides the 3.02 xFIP.

Since injuries and upcoming free agent status hurt his case a bit, would you give up Betances? One injury risk for another.

I'd rather go for a guy like Gavin Floyd if the Twins ask for one of the Killer B's/Jesus/Sanchez.

Agreed. Liriano is one of the top pitchers in baseball, his slightly above average ERA hides the 3.02 xFIP.

Since injuries and upcoming free agent status hurt his case a bit, would you give up Betances? One injury risk for another.

I'd rather go for a guy like Gavin Floyd if the Twins ask for one of the Killer B's/Jesus/Sanchez.

I'd rather they keep Betances and Man-Ban in the minors for another year and put them in the rotation in 2012. They should be developing their own pitching, especially with these great young arms. The only one I'd be somewhat willing to trade is Brackman, mostly due to his contract. For now, I think they should go to war with what they have. Nova should be serviceable. Who knows what AJ has in store for this year.

By the way, Mark Prior threw his first inning in I don't know how long today. 1-2-3 with one strikeout and two popus. Hard not to root for this guy.

So the Cubs are already in-fighting during Spring Training? Man, this is going to be a hell of a season.

What the hell does Gavin Floyd have to do with the Twins or the Yankees?

This post confuses me.

But at least Marlon Byrd is killing it. Their stats honestly aren't too bad, they're just making me nervous attitude wise.

DrNickR2.jpg

This sucks for Beltran. Hopefully he will get back soon.

In other news, the Mark Prior watch continues. After two more outings, his spring training stats are:

3IP, 0ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 4SO.

In all likelihood, he's going to Scranton after Spring Training, but if he stays healthy I could see him as a middle reliever in the Bronx at some point in May.

Justin Morneau sees action in 'B' game | twinsbaseball.com: News

Twins first baseman Justin Morneau returned to action on Tuesday morning in a "B" game in Fort Myers, Fla., against the Pirates.

Starting at first base, Morneau participated in his first game since sustaining a concussion last July 7. The four-time All-Star played four innings at first base and went 1-for-2 at the plate. He hit into a fielder's choice in his first at-bat before knocking a three-run double his second time up.

When he took the field at first base, Morneau was greeted with a round of applause from the small crowd on one of the back fields at the Lee County Sports Complex.

:up:

Apparently Kendry Morales is now Kendrys Morales. I wonder if B Wood's name will also change.

Lets start a poll.
Everyone vote for your favorite, Pub Crawler will tabulate the results on St. Patty's Day after he finishes his pub crawl:

The choices for a new name for "B Wood struck out swinging":

A. Dick Wood (Can't beat the classics)
B. K Wood
C. Boo Wood
D. Ed Wood
E. Can't Get Wood
F. Wilbur Wood
G. Worst hitter in MLB history

To expand on that, you could go the ironic short stories route and make it O. Forwood.

And if the pride of the Salt Lake Bees ever has a little girl, she'll be the heir to the O. Forwood strikeout fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom