MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but neither team in Florida gets much attendance. Of the current parks with no games? It's tough to argue against Philly. It's basically:

Philly
Cincy
Arizona
Tampa
Florida
San Diego

phoenix has this year's all star game, so you can scratch them off the list

The all star game at citifield has been pretty much a given for a few years now. But I agree citizens bank park should host the game some time in the near future.

As far as the homerun derby... the mets have hit more homers at home than on the road in each of the two years of the stadium's existence. It's not a great homerun park, but it's reputation as death valley is vastly overrated.

The mets just happen to have had no good power hitters.

And I think CBP status as being this bandbox is exaggerated as well. The Phils had a lot of power hitters in the middle of the decade, and a lot fly ball pitchers. They moved the left field wall back like a year or two after it was built anyway.

I haven't been to Citifield yet, but I'll definitely go there at some point this year. Maybe when San Francisco or Colorado come to town, we'll see.

Yeah, but neither team in Florida gets much attendance. Of the current parks with no games? It's tough to argue against Philly. It's basically:

Philly
Cincy
Arizona
Tampa
Florida
San Diego

Certainly Philly should be first in line, but what I'm saying is they should've done a better job at scheduling these things in the future, attempting to let Philly be 1 or 2 years into a new ballpark to host.

I know they dont get much attendance... but it's the all-star game and it should sell either way. We have enough baseball fans down here, just not Marlins/Rays fans.

Besides, the Panthers hosted the 2003 NHL all-star game and that was a success... they've considered from time to time coming back.

The only two recently that weren't new parks were Yankees Stadium in 2008 (which they had to because it was closing and if they didn't Billy Crystal would say mean things in the next Ken Burns documentary) and Anaheim in 2010. Other than that, they've usually been newer parks getting their first games.

PhilsFan said:
The only two recently that weren't new parks were Yankees Stadium in 2008 (which they had to because it was closing and if they didn't Billy Crystal would say mean things in the next Ken Burns documentary) and Anaheim in 2010. Other than that, they've usually been newer parks getting their first games.

Anaheim didn't make sense to me... if I can remember the last time they had an all star game they shouldn't get another one. Bo Jackson rocked that shit.

I imagine disney made an agreement with mlb that they'd get an all star game back when the renovations were done. That's how the mets got the 2013 game. They agreed not to complain about the yankees getting an all star game again before they got another one if mlb guaranteed citifield got an all star game before the new yankee stadium.

Now the Yankees got Freddy Garcia (on a minor league deal). I think Cashman's approach to 2011 is to have old timers' day every day.

The rotation at Scranton could be headlined by Igawa-Colon-Garcia. Think about that.

pettitte is going to retire tomorrow

5 time champ. thanks for the memories

I really hope the Cardinals fuck up this Pujols business.

If they somehow don't lock him up, and he leaves this offseason...shit. May god have mercy on St. Louis.

I want to get my schadenfreude on.

Hold up. Is A-Rod actually bitching about the Super Bowl thing?

Get over yourself, you tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom