MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Jays basically got money when they traded away Wells. Anthopoulos is a genius.

The Rangers have a really good lineup. LOL Angels.

The Yankees signed Bartolo Colon. Watch out AL East.

Maybe Cashman thinks Colon can once again be traded for Brandon Phillips, Grady Sizemore and Cliff Lee?

The Yankees signed Bartolo Colon. Watch out AL East.

Maybe Cashman thinks Colon can once again be traded for Brandon Phillips, Grady Sizemore and Cliff Lee?

omarminaya.jpg

You're absolutely right. The Lunch Bunch reunion is the story of the offseason.

The Yanks' caterer has been secretly funneling tips to Shallow Hal and Mr. Hankey...the Boss' boys think the tips are coming from Joe Torre, not realizing they're from Joe at Cacciatore's catering.

Maybe the Angels would actually trade him for A-Rod? I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Friggin' Boner:

Mariners-Marlins shifts to Seattle because of U2 concert

Associated Press

1/27/2011 2:05:41 PM

NEW YORK -- A three-game series between the Florida Marlins and Mariners from June 24-26 has been moved from Miami to Seattle because of a U2 concert.

Major League Baseball said Thursday the change was made because of the scheduling conflict at Sun Life Stadium. The rock band U2 is scheduled to play at the stadium on June 29 and the Marlins must vacate the stadium to allow setup time for the concert.

Florida will remain the home team and will bat last, and the series will be played under NL rules, without a designated hitter.

The Marlins are scheduled to move into their own retractable-roof ballpark in 2012.

Back when Cory Lidle's plane crashed in Manhattan in 2006, somebody wrote a post saying "Is Bono ok?" Unfortunately, I think that post may have been purged.

Was Cory Lidle's plane the first "Is Bono OK?" incident that started the phenomenon?
I thought there was something prior, something in Montreal (riot or something) that coincided with the band being there.

Anyway, I heard some folks were killed by snow plows while walking in New York and NJ yesterday, I hope Bono is OK, hopefully he wasn't out for a stroll.

Something ridiculous about Cashman the other day...

Suggesting the Marlins should have Hanley play CF. He hardly wants to play SS, why the hell would you want to put him in CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom