MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I meant Rafael, not Alfonso. Ugh x 10.

I tried to edit after I figured it out, but I see I was too late :lol:.

With all the other Cubs the Yanks have been going after, I immediately assumed they were going to take away the scourge of my existence as well.

I actually saw some people seriously proposing a trade for Zambrano. I mean, seriously?

I don't want Zambrano to go, but at the same time, last season really killed my love for him. But Soriano? Please for the love of God. Please?

That lazy fuck Abreu is still around? He was incredibly overrated by Phillies fans when he was here. He was a lazy piece of shit who had speed but never cared enough to use it. He was McNabb before McNabb.
Eh, he taught our hitters some patience, and that alone made the signing worthwhile.

Garza to the Cubs. For 3 of the Cubs' top 10 prospects, including Chris Archer, their #1 prospect. I'm already hearing a lot of skepticism about this one.

I personally think it's a good acquisition, especially for the immediate future. The NL Central is for the taking. Go get it.

Garza to the Cubs. For 3 of the Cubs' top 10 prospects, including Chris Archer, their #1 prospect. I'm already hearing a lot of skepticism about this one.

I personally think it's a good acquisition, especially for the immediate future. The NL Central is for the taking. Go get it.

The Rays are the new Marlins.

Except the Rays didn't close the deal before they blew it up.

Eeeeh, not so happy about the prospects being lost, I don't think this season has any purpose whatsoever except to try and get the next Cubs generation in line, but whatever, I'm beyond caring at this point about 2011 and the season hasn't even started. (I have no idea why I feel that way, and I'm sure it comes off poorly about myself as a fan, but for some reason, I just am not with it at all, at least not atm.)

That's not wrong. Sometimes your teams just give you no hope. I haven't really given a shit about the Sixers in a long time. I pay attention, but who they sign and trade has yet to give me any reason to care.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Tell me you're not seriously complaining about acquiring Rafael Soriano. Dude. Please.

Sure, that bullpen looks pretty good right now. Just saying that 3/35 and a draft pick in a deep draft is a lot for a setup man, given that they have a pretty good close as is.

That said, if this leads them to put Joba back in the rotation and try to salvage whatever is left there, maybe it would be an ok deal.

Never underestimate the Yankees' ineptitude when it comes to developing pitching. I think it is very unlikely that they will actually put him in the rotation.

I disagree that he isn't a starting pitcher, though. Maybe he is no longer one because of the team screwing up his development. Before his injury and the Joba rules, he had 34 starts with a 3.54 ERA. In any case, what's the harm in trying? It's not like he's an indispensable reliever now or that he has any trade value. All he needs to do is to be better than Mitre to help the team. I'd like to think he can do it...

It was a good move for Cashman to sign Soriano. The Yanks' fortunes with number one draft picks ain't the greatest. Plus, they now have a contingency plan when Mariano retires or if/when he sustains some sort of nagging injury in 2011/12.

gump said:
Never underestimate the Yankees' ineptitude when it comes to developing pitching. I think it is very unlikely that they will actually put him in the rotation.

I disagree that he isn't a starting pitcher, though. Maybe he is no longer one because of the team screwing up his development. Before his injury and the Joba rules, he had 34 starts with a 3.54 ERA. In any case, what's the harm in trying? It's not like he's an indispensable reliever now or that he has any trade value. All he needs to do is to be better than Mitre to help the team. I'd like to think he can do it...

Well I do agree that the yankees have completely screwed up joba's development, but I think he was screwed because he had the perfect mentality to be a terrific reliever.

I simply don't think he has the makeup to be a starter. He can't possibly pitch with that same volatility and intensity as a starter.

Well I do agree that the yankees have completely screwed up joba's development, but I think he was screwed because he had the perfect mentality to be a terrific reliever.

I simply don't think he has the makeup to be a starter. He can't possibly pitch with that same volatility and intensity as a starter.

Fair enough. It's an opinion many in Yankeeland seem to share. But since he is a mediocre reliever, I'm willing to take a risk to put him on the rotation.

In other news, shutdown bullpen seems to be this year's run prevention mantra.

gump said:
Fair enough. It's an opinion many in Yankeeland seem to share. But since he is a mediocre reliever, I'm willing to take a risk to put him on the rotation.

In other news, shutdown bullpen seems to be this year's run prevention mantra.

Well I think he's a mediocre reliever because of how they treated him.

At the very least, no matter what you think joba should be, most would agree that the "joba rules" and how they treated him were an utter failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom