Michael Phelps is the single most dominant athlete on the planet, bar none - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:46 PM
doh!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #422
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Ha! Nice bump, Dave. Good for Phelpsy. LIGHT IT UP.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #423
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:46 AM
I hope this doesn't damage him too much. I mean, everyone's practically forgotten his DUI arrest back in '04 (?). Win 8 gold medals, all is forgiven ... until you're caught smoking pot, and then you're the worst role model ever or something, because pot is ZOMG so much worse than drinking and driving, apparently.

I feel a little bad for him, but honestly, he deserves a giant smack in the head for doing something like that at a party, where everyone and their brother probably had cell phones and was yakking on Facebook about how Phelps smoked out at this party, and hey, check out this picture!

He deserves a Dumbass award for that. I hope he escapes from all this relatively unscathed, though. We'll see how it plays out and if it'll come back to bite him when he competes again.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Smoke one for Mike!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #425
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Perez Hilton: Phelps Apologizes For Bong Pic

yeah, i know, great reference :meh: but this is michael's official statement on the subject....

Quote:
"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalapopedge View Post
Perez Hilton: Phelps Apologizes For Bong Pic

yeah, i know, great reference :meh: but this is michael's official statement on the subject....
Translation: I'm sorry for getting caught doing something that's perceived as "bad". Now, I gotta pretend like I give a shit and apologize. Afterward, I'm gonna bitchslap the asshole who took the photo and then I'm gonna punch the dickhead who posted it. If they're one and the same, then they're really fucked.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #427
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I hope this doesn't damage him too much. I mean, .
drug use is an automatic 4 year ban

no 2012 Olympics.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor

imagine if digital cameras, cell phone cameras and the paparazzi existed when mickey mantle was playing for the yankees?

athletes today get an extra bad rap when compared to the "golden days" of athletics only because it's much easier to be caught doing douchey things today then it was 50 years ago.

phelps hit the bong... oh boo hoo. who cares. sites like perez hilton are much more disgraceful than half the "disgraceful" acts that celebrties/athletes do.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #429
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
drug use is an automatic 4 year ban

no 2012 Olympics.

performance enhancing drugs. if he were found to have marijuana in his system while he is in competition, it might be a 6 month ban which happened to Gary Hall, Jr. in 1998.

that said, what an idiot. i'm all for the legalization of pot and lord knows the boy deserves some time to cut loose after living like a monk for the past 4 years and training. however, it sounds like we're seeing who MP would have been had he not become the greatest Olympian ever -- a hard-partying follower with residual ADHD impulsiveness. i've heard stories -- i live only 45 minutes from Baltimore -- that he's been on a bender pretty much since the Olympics and doing really unoriginal stuff like food endorsements, SNL, Vegas, and the stupid way he cocks his hat to the left.

i do worry about him. i think he's going to have a tough time once his swimming career ends and i hope he gets good enough people around him so they can keep him in control and give him priorities so he'll know not to fuck it all up. it would be great if he'd get off the celebrity circuit and get a nice girlfriend and maybe actually work towards a college degree. i hope his coach, who i hold in very high regard, can kick some sense back into him.

then again, maybe it was one stupid photo and he's totally in control and has it all figured out and he just screwed up one little bit.

but i have this feeling this might be a window into the world of Michael Phelps -- a man with perhaps the most perfectly developed body on the planet, but someone who probably as a lot of developing to do as a person.

but what the eff do i know?

just some thoughts. i wish him well. he gave us a week of perfection last August, and i hope he does what he's capable of in 2012.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #430
Blue Crack Supplier

That's not out of the question, considering he had a DUI arrest four or five years ago.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #431
Refugee

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Translation: I'm sorry for getting caught doing something that's perceived as "bad". Now, I gotta pretend like I give a shit and apologize. Afterward, I'm gonna bitchslap the asshole who took the photo and then I'm gonna punch the dickhead who posted it. If they're one and the same, then they're really fucked.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:16 AM
How can you even tell it's him in the photo? It's not like you can see his teeth.....
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #433
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
imagine if digital cameras, cell phone cameras and the paparazzi existed when mickey mantle was playing for the yankees?
Or Babe Ruth.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #434
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
How can you even tell it's him in the photo? It's not like you can see his teeth.....
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #435
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I think if anything, the fact that he can smoke weed and still dominate his sport should elevate his status. I couldn't' even make it through Wish You Were Here on the guitar without losing focus and just saying "fuck it, I'm starving..."

Tags
michael phelps