Michael Phelps is the single most dominant athlete on the planet, bar none - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #391
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:57 AM
from the neck up, he's a goofus.

from the neck down ... perfection.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

I talked to my mother about him too. We both agreed that the hair and eyes are cute (she says he has beautiful eyes) but the lower face, not so much

He is very cute in a charming, "dorky' way-and when you look at him swimming, well let's just say the eyes go elsewhere and it's a complete distraction..

Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

I concur!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
from the neck up, he's a goofus.

from the neck down ... perfection.
Is that your polite way of saying "butterface"?

It is weird to see people use that lovely term about a guy, I've only ever heard it about females
Old 08-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #395
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Scratch out the Wheaties box. Phelps will be appearing on Kellogg's Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes boxes instead.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #396
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:57 PM
I think he's funny looking
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 AM
Dude has HUGE ears.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

I said EARS, Irvine. Dirty.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
He looks naked
Look between the middle finger and ring finger on his right hand, you can see his swimsuit ...sorry.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Is that your polite way of saying "butterface"?
I guess in this instance it would be "buthisface", doesn't have the same ring to it.
Goofus will have to do.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

NY Daily News

Breakfast of a champion? Frosted Flakes! Phelps signs with cereal

BY RICH SCHAPIRO

Updated Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 9:16 AM

After winning a record eight Olympic gold medals in Beijing, American swimming superstar Michael Phelps signs on with sugar-loaded cereal.

You better eat your . . . Frosted Flakes?

Olympic legend Michael Phelps will appear on boxes of the Kellogg's brand sugar cereal, drawing sharp criticism from health experts worried about the message he'll be sending to children across America.

"I would not consider Frosted Flakes the food of an Olympian," said nutritionist Rebecca Solomon of Mount Sinai Medical Center.

"I would rather see him promoting Fiber One. I would rather see him promoting oatmeal. I would even rather see him promoting Cheerios."

The announcement yesterday that Phelps, 23, winner of a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, would grace Frosted Flakes and Corn Flakes boxes instead of the traditional athlete's choice of Wheaties left many perplexed.

Frosted Flakes has three times the amount of sugar as Wheaties and 1/3rd the fiber.

This doesn't matter much to a virtuoso swimmer who consumes 12,000 calories a day.

Still, in a country where childhood obesity is an alarming issue, Phelps' iconic image sharing space with Tony the Tiger sends the wrong message, experts say.

"For a guy like Michael Phelps who isn't worried about obesity because he's burning thousands of calories as an athlete...eating Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes every so often is not an issue," Solomon said.

The Phelps-emblazoned cereal boxes hit supermarket shelves in mid-September.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Bolt, another world record, won by a good 10 metres! in the 200m.....legend.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Pretty harsh too. Poor guy

NY Post
Sexpot swimmer Amanda Beard says Michael Phelps has absolutely no shot at doing the breaststroke with her.

Beard, 26, denied yesterday that she was dating Phelps, 23, saying, "Eww, that's nasty."

"I have never, ever hooked up with Michael Phelps," Beard said via telephone from Beijing on the "Johnjay and Rich Show," which is broadcast on Kiss FM 104.7 in Phoenix.

Beard, who has bared all for Playboy and appears in a sexy ad for PETA, also said she has never even kissed the 14-time Olympic gold-medallist.

"Come on, I have really good taste," the sexy swimmer said. "He's really not my type."

Asked how the poolside rumors made their way into London's Daily Telegraph, Beard said she had no clue.

"We don't even talk to each other," she said of her relationship with Phelps.

When "Extra" asked Phelps in an interview that aired last night if he was dating Beard, Phelps said, "No."

"I'm not dating Amanda Beard. I'll say that," he told the TV show. "I think she has a boyfriend."

Asked if he's dating anyone, Phelps said, "Part of my life is kept to myself. I'm able to relax and be with my friends. Those pretty much are the only people who really know the answer to that question."

The Telegraph also reported on Monday that Phelps was linked to model Lily Donaldson.

The 21-year-old British model, who lives in London, has been spotted with Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld, the son of Vogue Paris' editor-in-chief, Carine Roitfeld.

IMG, the agency that represents Donaldson, did not return a call seeking comment

I wondered about his father-none of my business of course but I just wondered

August 20, 2008

Everyone in the world is clamoring for a piece of golden boy Michael Phelps - except for his own father.

Phelps' dad, Fred, admitted to The Post that he has not had a single conversation with his Olympian son since Michael left for Beijing.

And eight medals later, Michael still has nothing to say.

"He's so busy, I'm sure not even his agent can get a hold of him," Fred told The Post yesterday outside his home in the Baltimore suburb of Linthicum Heights, when asked why he had not yet made any attempt to congratulate his record-setting son.

Michael's mom, Debbie, has been seen cheering and crying from the stands as her son won medal after medal in Beijing, but Fred has had no contact with the Olympian.

"I'm very proud of him and all he's done," Fred said as he aimed to deflect attention away from the severed relationship. "This is not about me, it's about him."

The retired Maryland state trooper divorced Debbie, his high-school sweetheart, in 1992 when Michael was just 9, the same year doctors diagnosed the swimmer with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

"It was like a storybook [marriage], but sometimes chapters go in different directions," Debbie told the Baltimore Sun. "We were close, but we grew apart."

Since then, Fred, who remarried eight years ago, has been in and out of Michael's life, relatives said.

"This is his world, and I'm just watching him travel through it," Fred told the Baltimore Sun in a 2004 interview. "People ask me how he's doing, where he's swimming next, and it's hard to say that I don't know."

Although he didn't hop a plane for Beijing to see his son compete, the elder Phelps said he "watched [Michael] every night on TV" last week.

Michael's older sisters, Hilary and Whitney - who sat with their mother Sunday when he won his record-setting eighth gold medal - were instrumental in raising Michael when their dad was not there every day.

"When we started, my dad would be up at 4 a.m. on the mornings I had 5:30 practice," said Hilary, who competed as a swimmer in her childhood.

After the divorce, it was Michael's mom who drove him to swim practice each day and to baseball games Saturdays.

Michael has never publicly acknowledged his father as having any role in his success.

"The person I love the most is sitting in the front row - my mom - for everything she's done," Michael told reporters Monday in Beijing.

Prior to the start of the 2004 Athens Games, Michael said he hadn't been in touch with his father since graduating from high school.

"There are reasons and I really don't want to get into that," Michael said at the time. "He didn't call me after I set my first world record in 2001."

The 23-year-old Olympian reconciled with his dad right before the 2004 Games, and Fred even flew to Athens, where Michael won six gold medals. But the relationship quickly soured.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Bolt, another world record, won by a good 10 metres! in the 200m.....legend.
10 meters? Did you even see the race?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #405
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow, does Beard know the meaning of the word "tact"?

Tags
michael phelps