Michael Phelps is the single most dominant athlete on the planet, bar none

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9162800_36_3.jpg

FOX Sports on MSN - - Report: Picture shows Phelps using bong

Ha! Nice bump, Dave. Good for Phelpsy. LIGHT IT UP.

I hope this doesn't damage him too much. I mean, everyone's practically forgotten his DUI arrest back in '04 (?). Win 8 gold medals, all is forgiven ... until you're caught smoking pot, and then you're the worst role model ever or something, because pot is ZOMG so much worse than drinking and driving, apparently.

I feel a little bad for him, but honestly, he deserves a giant smack in the head for doing something like that at a party, where everyone and their brother probably had cell phones and was yakking on Facebook about how Phelps smoked out at this party, and hey, check out this picture!

He deserves a Dumbass award for that. I hope he escapes from all this relatively unscathed, though. We'll see how it plays out and if it'll come back to bite him when he competes again.

Perez Hilton: Phelps Apologizes For Bong Pic

yeah, i know, great reference :meh: but this is michael's official statement on the subject....

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

Perez Hilton: Phelps Apologizes For Bong Pic

yeah, i know, great reference :meh: but this is michael's official statement on the subject....

Translation: I'm sorry for getting caught doing something that's perceived as "bad". Now, I gotta pretend like I give a shit and apologize. Afterward, I'm gonna bitchslap the asshole who took the photo and then I'm gonna punch the dickhead who posted it. If they're one and the same, then they're really fucked.

imagine if digital cameras, cell phone cameras and the paparazzi existed when mickey mantle was playing for the yankees?

athletes today get an extra bad rap when compared to the "golden days" of athletics only because it's much easier to be caught doing douchey things today then it was 50 years ago.

phelps hit the bong... oh boo hoo. who cares. sites like perez hilton are much more disgraceful than half the "disgraceful" acts that celebrties/athletes do.

drug use is an automatic 4 year ban

no 2012 Olympics.

performance enhancing drugs. if he were found to have marijuana in his system while he is in competition, it might be a 6 month ban which happened to Gary Hall, Jr. in 1998.

that said, what an idiot. i'm all for the legalization of pot and lord knows the boy deserves some time to cut loose after living like a monk for the past 4 years and training. however, it sounds like we're seeing who MP would have been had he not become the greatest Olympian ever -- a hard-partying follower with residual ADHD impulsiveness. i've heard stories -- i live only 45 minutes from Baltimore -- that he's been on a bender pretty much since the Olympics and doing really unoriginal stuff like food endorsements, SNL, Vegas, and the stupid way he cocks his hat to the left.

i do worry about him. i think he's going to have a tough time once his swimming career ends and i hope he gets good enough people around him so they can keep him in control and give him priorities so he'll know not to fuck it all up. it would be great if he'd get off the celebrity circuit and get a nice girlfriend and maybe actually work towards a college degree. i hope his coach, who i hold in very high regard, can kick some sense back into him.

then again, maybe it was one stupid photo and he's totally in control and has it all figured out and he just screwed up one little bit.

but i have this feeling this might be a window into the world of Michael Phelps -- a man with perhaps the most perfectly developed body on the planet, but someone who probably as a lot of developing to do as a person.

but what the eff do i know?

just some thoughts. i wish him well. he gave us a week of perfection last August, and i hope he does what he's capable of in 2012.

That's not out of the question, considering he had a DUI arrest four or five years ago.

Translation: I'm sorry for getting caught doing something that's perceived as "bad". Now, I gotta pretend like I give a shit and apologize. Afterward, I'm gonna bitchslap the asshole who took the photo and then I'm gonna punch the dickhead who posted it. If they're one and the same, then they're really fucked.

:lol::lol::applaud::applaud::lmao:

I think if anything, the fact that he can smoke weed and still dominate his sport should elevate his status. I couldn't' even make it through Wish You Were Here on the guitar without losing focus and just saying "fuck it, I'm starving..."

I guess this poses the question, that I'm sure many marihuana users will probably latch on to, if Michael Phelps does it and still be the #1 athlete in his sport then why is marihuana so bad?

I don't think pot is any worse than the hyper/ADD medicine he was doped up on most of his life (and still may be) Kids are given that shit to 'calm them down' and 'help them function', well some people feel that way about pot and smoke it for those same reasons. I don't see a difference. While I do not like Phelps, and his face all over everything still annoys me, I don't care if he smoked pot.

I don't think pot is any worse than the hyper/ADD medicine he was doped up on most of his life (and still may be) Kids are given that shit to 'calm them down' and 'help them function', well some people feel that way about pot and smoke it for those same reasons. I don't see a difference. While I do not like Phelps, and his face all over everything still annoys me, I don't care if he smoked pot.

Actually, it's probably better for him healthwise than what he was taking for ADHD, assuming it was either Ritalin or Adderall or any of the other stimulants, which are harder drugs by far than marijuana.

Actually, it's probably better for him healthwise than what he was taking for ADHD, assuming it was either Ritalin or Adderall or any of the other stimulants, which are harder drugs by far than marijuana.

I agree.

Some people also believe training a kid to need medication all his life can lead to illegal drugs later. I still have a problem that pot, an herb, is illegal while so many chemical drugs are encouraged, even in children.

My favourite part of all this is the "he was the gold medal winner of bong hits" line from the newspaper's "witness"

_bong__emoticon.gif

Back
Top Bottom