March Madness 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, forgive my ignorance, but I really haven't followed College basketball much at all until a couple of years ago, and not very closely at that, but what's going on with these games today? And the others like them?

Here's my predicted Elite Eight:

Kentucky
Duke
Michigan St.
Florida
Vanderbilt
Ohio St.
North Carolina
Kansas

And I have Kentucky, Michigan St., Ohio St., and Kansas moving on to the Final Four and Kentucky winning it all.

Hello!

Regional Finals:
Kentucky over Duke
Missouri over Michigan State
Ohio State over Syracuse
North Carolina over Georgetown

Final Four:
Missouri over Kentucky
North Carolina over Ohio State

Final:
North Carolina over Missouri

No big upsets in my bracket. Vanderbilt and Cincinnati are the only non-top4 seeds in my Sweet 16.

And this is why I'm waiting until after the play in games to fill out my brackets.

What an unbelievable choke job by one damn good coach in Tim Cluess. When you completely dominate the pace of the game, and its clear to everyone with eyeballs that BYU can't keep up with your pace... why on earth would you stay in a passive zone for the entire second half, even as the other team is clearly on a run and getting hotter by the second? I wanted to throw my remote through the TV.

Wow. I only just saw that BYU came back to win. That's fucking nuts. Iona don't feel too good right now.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is going to be a blast. Just like every year.

I wanted to wait until after all the play-in games to fill out my bracket, but I'm simply going to be too drunk tonight and too hungover tomorrow to make it happen. Doing it now.

I don't pay nearly enough attention to get an actual sense of the field, so I've been using a combination of the KenPom stats to iron out some of the under/overseeded teams, and Nate Silver's March Madness to decide some of the more cryptic early tournament mid-bracket matchups that won't ultimately go anywhere.

last year my stealth warhorse Utah State flamed out instantly, I'm hoping for better luck this year with Belmont and Memphis.

Elite 8:

Kentucky
Baylor
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Memphis*
Missouri
UNC
Kansas

*suck it Michigan State!

well, it was nice having a free webstream for one year

$4 for all 67 games on any/all platforms isn't bad, though. Just wish some of this dough went to the players (...legally).

If you have cable, you can pretty much watch them all online for free. Especially simple to watch are the CBS games.

Pretty shrewd pricing; I don't think many people will balk at paying $3.99. At least the CBS games are free.

It absolutely was. Some good, close games, but ultimately nothing memorable. A couple of the games were fun, though (Wichita State-VCU was a close game the whole way).

Tomorrow has the better match ups for great, close games, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom