London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trojanchick99 said:
Just finished watching the last beach volleyball semi. Jen Kessy and April Ross of the US came back from being down a set and a few points to beat the top ranked Brazilians! It will be an All-American Final!

Fight on Jen and April!

:drool:

Smile if you're happy with your medal.

1378487_M01.jpg

i LOVE Mustafina. i mean, her gymnastics are ok, but it's all about her haughty spoiled princess mein and coach-slapping get-the-fuck-away-i-need-to-pout backhand. i haven't seen so much glitter and tears since the last season of RuPaul's Drag Race. werk, gurrl.

Stephen Feck had a feckin' bad day on the springboard.

Yay to Meares and Pearson. Will need to find replays this morning, I was asleep for both.

Irvine511 said:
i LOVE Mustafina. i mean, her gymnastics are ok, but it's all about her haughty spoiled princess mein and coach-slapping get-the-fuck-away-i-need-to-pout backhand. i haven't seen so much glitter and tears since the last season of RuPaul's Drag Race. werk, gurrl.

She makes me miss Khorkina. Best bitchface and character in gymnastics ever.

She makes me miss Khorkina. Best bitchface and character in gymnastics ever.

Fuck yes. Never knew how much I'd miss her until she was gone. Was never a big fan but she had skills named after her on every single apparatus, multiples on bars and floor.

The bar final last night was awesome. I was not disappointed with Gabby's placement since that final was stacked even without her factoring in. I knew if any of those other girls hit Gabby wouldn't stand a chance even with better routines than she's been doing.

It's not gymnastics without scrunchies, a full circumference of hair clips, and glitter.

Yep, Khorkina was quite entertaining to watch - both as a gymnast and as a person.

Here's a cool gymnastics blog that I found. Besides articles, it has opinion pieces, interviews and even a leotard fashion police!

The Couch Gymnast

this girl is wondering who's throat she forgot to slit.

i would not mess with her.

I don't understand all the hoopla over McKayla. She's disappointed she didn't win when she's a world champion on the vault. It's not like she completely lost it and started throwing things around and attacking people. She was angry at herself; since when was it wrong to show some emotion during the competition of a lifetime? I'd rather see some real emotion on an athlete then have them be like robots.

I don't understand all the hoopla over McKayla. She's disappointed she didn't win when she's a world champion on the vault. It's not like she completely lost it and started throwing things around and attacking people. She was angry at herself; since when was it wrong to show some emotion during the competition of a lifetime? I'd rather see some real emotion on an athlete then have them be like robots.

i was just kidding around. she's had such a super-serious look on her face, and she's so focused and determined. she just seems like a very, very tough cookie.

i was just kidding around. she's had such a super-serious look on her face, and she's so focused and determined. she just seems like a very, very tough cookie.

Oh no, I wasn't directly referring to you. I was just using your post to show who I was talking about.

Yeah, I think she was so determined to win and when she failed, she was pissed at herself. It's only natural to feel like that.

so I had to watch and entire hour of women's beach volleyball tonight and now they're going to put diving in late night. So annoying. Plus a mens gymnastics final was also pushed to late night tonight. It would have been nice if they could have cut that first entire hour of beach volleyball in half. Especially since I watched the other US team in the afternoon slot. It's already well past my bedtime so I'll have to miss diving. :sigh:

The Russian high jumper (Ivan Ukhov) cracked me up. Like an ADHD cast extra from Hair, frantically crawling around shirtless under the benches trying to find his uniform top. Totally cool and collected on the jumps though.

Yay for Aly Raisman. I told you she's incredible in floor :wink: She has won more medals in this Olympics than any other gymnast, I believe that's what they said last night. She's very poised and mature, and has conducted herself with class.

I have to rewatch all the gymnastics on demand, the NBC coverage has been so bad and so one sided. I really enjoyed the men's high bar last night, especially the guy from the Netherlands. Can't believe the skills they're doing.

Yes, yes they do.

2ChC.gif

:lol: in the interests of, err, gender equality and all, the Aussie boys are no slouches either . . .

Matt+Targett+Portrait+Session+LoeRJ-N1qg2l.jpg

:wink:

Just saw a replay of Epke Zonderland's routine. Wow. :up:

that was off the scale insanity ~ very impressive; and the teenager has a new pin up :lol:

this girl is wondering who's throat she forgot to slit.

i would not mess with her.

:lmao: gold!

it is hilarious ~ love the goofy walk race, so much awkwardness in one place; this is evil but we like to take bets in our house on how many will be carded for the bizarre infractions of the rules :giggle:

currently loving beach volleyball finals . . . and off to find out if the Aussies got trounced by Serbia in the water polo . . . and so pumped for the Boomers v the Dream Team . . . we'll get squashed no doubt but I'm hoping we at least put up a fight :) toodles!

Back
Top Bottom