London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
since there's no 2016 thread:

oly_a_rio_logo_b1_600.jpg
Wow, so the Brazil logo kind of resembles a thong.

Well it doesn't look like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job, at least.

swear...is Achmad-in-a-jar bored or obsessed or what??

Iran is planning to boycott the 2012 London olympics because........

*drum roll*

THIS:

london-2012-olympics-logo.png

This is the official logo of the games and Achmad-in-a-jar is complaining that it looks too much like the word ZION which is another word for the holyland (i.e., Israel) and they're threatening to boycott the games unless the IOC change it.

I want whatever that boy is smoking......:lol::doh:

Actually I think he's more concerned about his country getting its ass kicked!

What do you think?

swear...is Achmad-in-a-jar bored or obsessed or what??

Iran is planning to boycott the 2012 London olympics because........

*drum roll*

This is the official logo of the games and Achmad-in-a-jar is complaining that it looks too much like the word ZION which is another word for the holyland (i.e., Israel) and they're threatening to boycott the games unless the IOC change it.

I want whatever that boy is smoking......:lol::doh:

Actually I think he's more concerned about his country getting its ass kicked!

What do you think?

Keep alienating the young folks in your country, asshole. :rolleyes:

Ultimately, long-term, it's probably is a good thing for Iran. The youth will have the power someday there, and it's ridiculous things like this that gives me hope for Iran being a better neighbor in the future.

But for the immediate future... :shrug:

London Olympics tickets go on sale 500 days before opening

LONDON -- Tickets for the 2012 London Olympics went on sale Tuesday, and the first glitch in the system arose a few hours later.

Fans with Visa cards which expire before the end of August were not able to process their orders. Visa is an Olympic sponsor and is the only card that can be used to purchase tickets.

"It is an issue with Visa rather than the website or our systems," London 2012 said.

Tuesday marks the 500-day countdown to the opening ceremony for the London Games on July 27, 2012.

London organizing chairman Sebastian Coe has been urging fans not to rush to make their online applications for the 6.6 million tickets on sale, however. The deadline is April 26, and fans get no advantage by applying before that date.

Tickets for many sports start at 20 pounds ($32), while the top seats for the men's 100-meter final will go for 750 pounds ($1,200).

More than 2.5 million people have already registered interest in buying tickets.

Yup. I'm waiting for my e-mail to apply for tickets.

From Cosport.com (for U.S. people):

The CoSport website is currently being updated for the commencement of the London 2012 Ticket Request Phase. Please check back mid afternoon United States EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
You will have 5 weeks to submit your Ticket Request so please take your time and carefully review the competition schedule before submitting a Ticket Request. There is no need to rush as Ticket Requests are not confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note the following CoSport Ticketing Timeline:

* March 15, 2011 - April 22, 2011 - Ticket Request Phase period.
* End April/early May – conduct ballot for oversubscribed events (if applicable)
* Mid-May 2011 - Communication of Ticket Request Phase confirmation results sent to customers.

*All dates are subject to change

Last edited:
I'm nervous and psyched to see if I get anything.

For U.S. folks:

CoSport Timeline

· Mid-May, 2011 –Ballot for oversubscribed sessions is conducted.

· Starting the week of May 23, 2011 – Results communicated to customers.

· June 28, 2011 – Live Sales on a first come, first served basis from any remaining available inventory. The exact time will be posted on our website (www.cosport.com) one week before the live sales commences.

Notification Period

Starting the week of May 23, 2011, CoSport will send an e-mail to all customers notifying you if you have been successful in obtaining tickets. Customers that are successful will be notified first and will have until Friday, June 3, 2011 to review what has been confirmed and verify their payment details in order to complete the order. During this time, you can log into the “My Account” section of the website to view your confirmation.

Payment of Tickets

If you are successful in obtaining tickets, you will be required to pay for your tickets by Friday, June 3, 2011. If your billing information needs to updated, you can do so at this time directly through your account. Please do not contact us to update your credit card information as this can be done when completing the order. You will also have the opportunity to add shipping to your order if you did not select it during the Ticket Request Phase. If you have previously paid for shipping, you can update your shipping contact details as well.

Once CoSport begins to communicate the Ticket Confirmation results during the week of May 23, 2011, please ensure that you have necessary funds available to purchase any tickets that have been confirmed to you.

Future Ticket Sales Phases

The next Ticket Sales Phase will commence on Tuesday, June 28, 2011. This phase will be conducted as lives sale on a first-come, first-serve basis from a real-time inventory of all remaining available tickets. The exact time will be posted on the website one week before the live sales phase commences.

After submitting a request for 22 tickets to 11 events, I got my notification that I was awarded 2 tickets--pretty lucky considering how many requests CoSport said they had.

But, if you were to pick the only 2 tickets that you would receive, which event would be the most awesome news?

2 tickets to the Men's Gold Medal Football Match? Holy Shit!!!

I don't know if we'll make it, but that was a nice surprise.

Pyeongchang, South Korea to host 2018 Winter Olympics

Pyeongchang, South Korea to host 2018 Winter Olympics

I may pass through South Korea next summer. I'll see if it's worth more of my time later.

Sochi, Russia ain't looking good for me in 2014, and it ain't looking good for them either. I don't know the latest, but Heather has been following it in the international construction trade pubs (her life is seriously glamorous :D ), and I think the IOC is nervous.

After submitting a request for 22 tickets to 11 events, I got my notification that I was awarded 2 tickets--pretty lucky considering how many requests CoSport said they had.

But, if you were to pick the only 2 tickets that you would receive, which event would be the most awesome news?

2 tickets to the Men's Gold Medal Football Match? Holy Shit!!!

I don't know if we'll make it, but that was a nice surprise.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

No David Beckham for Team GB...that sucks. I'm more excited for the women's tourney, but would've been more interested in the men's to see if he could medal.

I think Brazil will get their first soccer/football men's gold medal (how have they not yet?!). Silver to GB & Bronze to South Korea (bold pick).
Women's - Gold to USA, Silver to Japan, Bronze to Great Britain. Well, England + 2 Scots. Pretty open though - Canada, Brazil, France or Sweden could medal too. Will get some Women's World Cup rematches.

Getting real close now. Cannot wait.

Natalie Cook became the first Australian female to qualify for five Olympics. Beach Volleyball dating back to Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom