London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
This is way too early, but I'm pretty excited.

Tickets go on sale in about a year, and the Games begin in 2 years.

It's not too early to begin planning to travel to see the Games though.

London 2012

If anyone is remotely interested in seeing any events, it pays to sign up to get ticket updates.

Incredibly excited and, it's been a dream of mine (albeit a bit of a pipe dream) for the last 3 years or so to make my first ever overseas trip to catch these games. London is the #1 place in the world I want to visit, and I love the Summer Olympics with all of my heart, so it seems to be a perfect fit.

Probably won't happen, though.

Anyway. Can't wait.

Incredibly excited and, it's been a dream of mine (albeit a bit of a pipe dream) for the last 3 years or so to make my first ever overseas trip to catch these games. London is the #1 place in the world I want to visit, and I love the Summer Olympics with all of my heart, so it seems to be a perfect fit.

Probably won't happen, though.

Anyway. Can't wait.

Sign up for tickets and when the time comes put in your order and see what you get.

I met a guy in Vancouver who got 4 tickets to the Gold Medal Hockey Game in the ticket lottery. He sold 2 of them, and it financed his whole trip to the Games (he was from NYC).

For some reason London has never held much appeal for me. Have no real interest in visiting it as opposed to, say, Dublin, which I hope to visit soon.

That said, I'll be saving for the 2016 Olympics in Rio or the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

For some reason London has never held much appeal for me. Have no real interest in visiting it as opposed to, say, Dublin, which I hope to visit soon.

That said, I'll be saving for the 2016 Olympics in Rio or the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

I'd like to see Mr. Phelps swim.

i know it doesn't involve you United State-ians, but the Commonwealth Games are coming up in like two and a half months.

I met a guy in Vancouver who got 4 tickets to the Gold Medal Hockey Game in the ticket lottery. He sold 2 of them, and it financed his whole trip to the Games (he was from NYC).

wow! awesome!

Damn, this is early. Can I also start a thread for the 2012 Euro then?? :D

Yes and yes. :wink:

I wanted this thread started because it really does take a year or two to plan to go see the Olympics. The Vancouver ticket lottery started a year and a half before the Games.

GAF you should see about working for NBC for these games. They hire a boatload of people. You don't really get paid all that much, if at all, but everyone I know that's done it has loved it and most do it again and again.

Kramwest, when I clicked and read on the fine print, only certain countries were eligible for the lottery, and Canada and the USA were not on the list!:|

Kramwest, when I clicked and read on the fine print, only certain countries were eligible for the lottery, and Canada and the USA were not on the list!:|

It was similar with Vancouver. The U.S. usually has its own ticketing agency, maybe it will be a North American one for London. If you register, they should let you know who the agency is when the time comes or just connect you to it.

Ah, London is one of the greatest cities in the world. I have been so many times and never tire of going back. And it's really very much the only place which felt half-European and half-North American to me, for whatever reason. Free art galleries and museums, great city for walking, just a nice atmosphere.

I don't think I'll be in for the games only because I can't stand crowds of that nature and London in the summer is bad enough but add the Olympics + security issues and I think it would be a terrible time to visit, to be honest.

Rio for the World Cup on the other hand...

Yeah, I've been to London only once, for a week, but I had an amazing time and was very reluctant to head back. One of the best walking cities I've ever had the pleasure to visit.

Interesting, everyone I've ever talked to who's been to both has said they prefer London. I suppose it really depends on what you're after though, I can certainly see a more homely appeal in Dublin.

Pretty stoked, kind of have been since Beijing ended. Is the logo still retarded?

Is the logo still retarded?

london_2012_logo.jpg

or

london2012_logo.jpg

Teehee.

You reckon the logo is bad, check out the mascots!!

Olympic_Mascots_Wenlock_And_Mandeville_2.bmp

As one commentator amusingly put it, "the consequence of a drunken one night stand between a teletubby and the Michelin Man."

Extraordinary!

Ticket prices have been announced:

Today we are announcing the ticket prices for the London 2012 Olympic Games and as a Front row subscriber we are thrilled to be able to tell you first.

We want our venues to be filled with enthusiastic sports fans so we have designed a pricing strategy to include a wide range of prices.

We are also delighted to reveal that there will now be up to 8.8 million tickets available for the Olympic Games, an increase of 800,000 from the previous figure, and 75 per cent of these tickets will go on sale from March 2011 through a public application process.

Here are some key features of our pricing strategy to help you plan your Games experience and be ready when applications open in March 2011:

A wide range of ticket prices including:

- 90% of tickets at or below £100
- Two-thirds of tickets at or below £50
- 2.5 million tickets at or below £20

Full-price tickets starting at £20 for every Olympic sport.

A special ‘pay your age’ offer. Young people who are aged 16 and under (at 27 July 2012) will pay their age for a ticket. Seniors aged 60 and over (at 27 July 2012) will pay £16. These ‘pay your age’ ticket prices and senior ticket prices will be available at one-third of the 640-plus sports events.

Opening Ceremony tickets start from £20.12.

The price of a ticket for a wheelchair space includes a companion seat located next to it.
Please note: all ticket prices are in UK pounds sterling (£) and apply to tickets that will be purchased at London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games ticket information. Tickets are only available for sale via this website to residents of the UK or a designated European country.

Residents outside the UK should purchase tickets from their local National Olympic Committee (NOC) or their Authorised Ticket Reseller (ATR). In time, prices will be listed on the NOC/ATR websites in the local currency and will be subject to a London 2012 approved international sales channel service charge.

View all Olympic Games ticket prices

We will announce Paralympic Games ticket prices separately in 2011.

The draft daily Olympic Games competition schedule has also been released. View the draft competition schedule

Over the coming months, we will be telling you all about how you can buy tickets and when they go on sale.

To make sure your family and friends don’t miss out on this exciting information, encourage them to sign up and register their interest in London 2012 ticketing. Send them an invitation now

About tickets

Back
Top Bottom