London 2012 Summer Olympics - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Great Britain has won medals in more sports/events than any other country.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #422
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Allyson Felix tomorrow y'all!!
Me likes.
Me too. I'm pretty much Phelp's and most definitely Lochte'd out, ready for T/F to start the fuck on up. Lochte is done, yes, so, there's that.

That being said, kudos to Phelps for his three-peat. Awfully impressive, no matter the sport. Sustained excellence over such a long period of time requires an elite mix of skill, training and determination. I'm happy when I win a few softball games in a row, so, yeah. I'm always on team greatness, so, I've been pulling for Phelps as much now as in games past.

Men's Indoor Volleyball win over Brazil was nice. From a purely athletic standpoint, I much prefer Indoor to Beach Volleyball.

And, yeah, lastly, watched a good portion of USA v poor Nigeria at work and, wow, what a fucking mismatch. Also watched the UK almost upset Spain. I'm sure Spain will buckle down if/when they play the USA in the gold medal game but as of now, they don't seem as good or as legit a challenger as 2008. We shall see.....

Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I can't say I know much about gymnastics, but holy fucking shit! That's insane. What the hell did the gold medalist pull off to beat that?!
The distance between the two bars has changed drastically since then. They're not nearly as close together. It's impossible to do any of that shit anymore.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #424
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Make them closer again! That was far more awesome than anything I've seen this year.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #425
Vocal parasite

Eric Murray and Hamish Bond, you are fucking machines! Holy shit, what an absolute domination of the men's rowing pair.

New Zealand now ahead of Australia on the medal tally.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #426
Vocal parasite

Mahé Drysdale you are one of the greatest fucking New Zealand champions of all time!

This might be my favourite gold ever, given how cruelly Mahé was denied gold in 2008 by a stomach infection but still rowed to a heroic bronze. And this is the first time New Zealand's won two golds in less than an hour since 1960!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #427
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Me too. I'm pretty much Phelp's and most definitely Lochte'd out, ready for T/F to start the fuck on up. Lochte is done, yes, so, there's that.
I'm with ya! I'm actually kind of sick of swimming altogether and dying for the athletics portion of the Olympics to start today. Think there are too many swimming events, to be honest. I'd definitely cut some of them out.

Team GB has done really well so far. Always nice to see the home team perform on their own soil. So great for all the fans.

I'm surprised by how much fun the sailing is to watch. It's full of action - boats overturning constantly, leaders changing constantly, just a totally wild ride. Also really liked waterpolo yesterday, talk about a brutal and violent sport.

The US men's volleyball team has been amazing in each of the matches I've seen. I definitely prefer indoor volleyball to beach volleyball. There is real imagination and artistry in that sport, plus the team really works as a unified entity.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #428
Blue Crack Addict

So happy for Gabby Douglas, she made history too as the first African American to win gold in the all around. When I saw the team competition I thought she was the one who could do it. I got home in time to catch the floor exercise, and I actually thought Komova was better in that . I've seen from the highlights that Aly made several mistakes on the beam and her vault had a big hop.

I also saw Phelps/Lochte without knowing the results beforehand. How about Lochte's mother saying that he doesn't have time to date so he only has one night stands. Talk about Mom embarrassment at the Olympics, although he's probably not embarrassed at all.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #429
Blue Crack Distributor

As I watch the US women play New Zealand at an empty St. James Park, along with the other well talked about empty seats at other events... I can only say good job skipping over New York for these games by the IOC.

Who wants 70,000 at a women's soccer game anyways.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
So happy for Gabby Douglas, she made history too as the first African American to win gold in the all around.
She's actually the first black gymnast from any country to win an individual gold at the Olympics, which makes her win all the more awesome.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #431
Blue Crack Addict

Lots of empty seats at these Olympics, even at gymnastics. They have been giving tickets away to soldiers. Too expensive, people can't afford it these days.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #432
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I'm happy when I win a few softball games in a row, so, yeah. I'm always on team greatness

this is the name of your softball team?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #433
Blue Crack Supplier

and, erm, sorry about the Phelps gushing last night. white wine makes me sentimental.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #434
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and, erm, sorry about the Phelps gushing last night. white wine makes me sentimental.
Aw, no worries. I think it's sweet.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:35 AM
London won the Olympics over Chicago, not New York, right?

ETA- I just checked. Chicago was 2008.
So yeah...how the fuck could New York have lost out to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I was feeling good for him too. Hope he wins today.
I'll be trying to avoid it...but I know I won't be able to.

Speaking of, isn't this his last individual race?

And I was just reading an article about the Russian woman being divas last night. Haha. Especially Mustafina...pouty pouty. Still, she has a beautiful face.
The other girl was crying her eyes out when she *only* won the silver.

Anyway...on to today.
Track and field and magnets, bitch!!!