Lance Armstrong charged... again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You seen the footage of his interview with a legal dude where he denies doping? It was only recently released. He comes across as a monumental douchebag.

AchtungBono said:
Lance Armstrong's epic downfall - CNN.com

This is awful - why would they do such a thing?
The article says that he has denied using drugs and that they didn't prove that he did.....so why would they take everything he has?

So the question remains - did he use drugs or didn't he?

Either way, It's a sad day for sports lovers.

Most of your posts indicate to me that this site is your only contact with the outside world.

cobl04 said:
You seen the footage of his interview with a legal dude where he denies doping? It was only recently released. He comes across as a monumental douchebag.

That was on a show here last night called Rock Center. The Irish woman who worked for his team, and another woman who was friends with him since before he had cancer, were interviewed on the show.

He tried to discredit the Irish woman to the legal dude by saying that she was afraid to be revealed to be a whore. The other woman, she was in the hospital room when he was diagnosed with cancer and asked by the doctor if he had taken PEDs and Lance rattled off a long list of what he had taken. She also said he had a positive test once for cortisone and had the date on a prescription altered to fake that it was prescribed for cancer reasons. The infamous Italian doctor must have done that.

Wait, what?

They just showed the clip of him using the word whore and it was some sort of insinuation like that about her. Like she accused him because he was going to reveal her as a whore? Taken out of context out of the entire tape, the only possible link I could make is that because she was a masseuse for the team he could have been trying to insinuate that she had a sexual involvement. That's just a complete guess because I haven't seen the whole tape of his deposition. The other woman said he called her fat and ugly and a liar and more. Sorry to refer to them that way, I can't remember their names.

Heard this morning that he's doing an interview with Oprah. So it's time for the weepy confessional, and Oprah will do her best to make him look sympathetic.

Not if he wants any respectability back.

It'll be a pre-recorded interview, carefully edited, with soft questions.

Yes, it will be "carefully" edited. What interview isn't? But, count on Oprah to throw some fastballs. She's not gonna interview him to ask him what his favorite color is or how he likes his coffee.

I know, but she's hardly going to go all hard-ass on him. He'll cry, she'll cry, there'll be some emotional music in the background.

I hope he doesn't. That would be lame.

I just hopes he tells the truth, all of it.

Yeah, now he can tell his side of the story. He certainly did something wrong and maybe even a bit more than most of his colleagues but I don't believe he's some sort of devil like most want us to believe.

I read that she had over 100 questions prepared for him, she didn't ask all of them. But she said there's so much material that it will now be spread over two nights. Of course that would have nothing to do with milking it for ratings.

I know the first part is on Thursday night on OWN (also on oprah.com). Don't know about the second episode.

He also met with the staff at Livestrong before Oprah and apologized to them. That's who I really feel sorry for, the cancer patients and survivors who will suffer when Livestrong suffers. I wonder how he could face them.

and maybe even a bit more than most of his colleagues but I don't believe he's some sort of devil like most want us to believe.

I have a hard time even believing he used anything different than most of his "real" competitors. The usage of PEDs in all sports is so ridiculously rampant at the moment, it's sad to watch specific people being selected for villianization, when entire sports could be cleaned out if the regulating bodies ruling them actually tested in an effective manner.

Breaking News:

Lance Armstrong has been confirmed to be a worse person than Bin Ladin.

I hardly think anyone believes he's worse than Bin Laden. I don't care about the PEDs, I didn't believe him anyway. What he accomplished is just not humanly possible without them. It was a fairy tale that some people wanted to believe in.

What Oprah should be asking him about is how he went after the people who were telling the truth about him. How he sued them, ruined them, threatened them, all of that. Like the team massage therapist, he sued her with all his high powered lawyers and called her a prostitute and a whore with a serious drinking problem. What he did to all of those people makes him a hypocrite, a fraud, and a pretty despicable human being. Yes they've been vindicated because he's fessing up now, but I bet he'd probably still call them liars. And they probably paid a much higher price than he ever will.

Back
Top Bottom