It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reynolds_shot_pitt.jpg

Texas beat Villanova --> Texas is better --> Texas belongs in the Final Four.

I'll just keep telling myself that.

So what, UConn wins, I win...UNC wins, Headache wins? Or something like that.

and, uh... yea. i may have been the one who submitted the roster with the name spelled wrong :shifty: my bad. to be fair, it was spelled wrong on his official transcript as well. that's what i copied it off of.

in due time the entire basketball community will be able to spell his name.

I agree. And you should find a copy of the Saturday Newsday to hold on to. :D I am being serious.

I have been thinking the same thing. Every couple of years, a Big Ten team pulls a Final Four appearance that allows the conference to allow itself to continue to allow five or six teams to get into the tournament every year.

I agree. And you should find a copy of the Saturday Newsday to hold on to. :D I am being serious.

my picture was actually in Monday's Newsday...

45875207.jpg

:hi5:

jay wright was on the horn today to talk about the kid. he's a tad pre-occupied with some final four thing but wanted to make sure he touched base. i did not tell him that i had pitt :reject:

Well, Calipari took the Kentucky job.

And a belated congratulations to you, Head in a Suitecase.

my picture was actually in Monday's Newsday...

45875207.jpg

:hi5:

jay wright was on the horn today to talk about the kid. he's a tad pre-occupied with some final four thing but wanted to make sure he touched base. i did not tell him that i had pitt :reject:

Good shit, man.

Jay Wright is one of the friendliest sports persons I've ever met.

Look who's the bigshot in his suit and using his Blackberry.

:shh: He's actually playing brickbreaker.

So, Pfan. I am here watching Penn State in the NIT semi, and I am wondering why they do not have more basketball success up in Happy Valley, especially considering how HUGE of a basketball city Philly is? You think they could do a better job recruiting in Philly.

So, Pfan. I am here watching Penn State in the NIT semi, and I am wondering why they do not have more basketball success up in Happy Valley, especially considering how HUGE of a basketball city Philly is? You think they could do a better job recruiting in Philly.

Basketball players that come out of Philly (and there are a lot) are not interested in going to Penn State when there are other options with bigger programs. Until Penn State has consistent success, they'll continue to do this. Between that and the fact that Penn State focuses most of their scholarship action elsewhere, it's never really taken off. I mean, the best players to come out of Philly recently were '07 Episcopal grads (who I saw play multiple times) Gerald Henderson and Wayne Ellington, who went to Duke and UNC, and '08 American Christian grad Tyreke Evans, who went to Memphis. Philly is a heavily recruited high school area, and the big programs beat out Penn State.

Look who's the bigshot in his suit and using his Blackberry.

Congrats btw

yea you know you're an adict when you win a state title and the first thing you do is start texting people on your blackberry before the final buzzer has even sounded.

Good shit, man.

Jay Wright is one of the friendliest sports persons I've ever met.

jay drove me to the hospital once when i was in 10th grade and broke my thumb at his hofstra basketball camp. he had a crappy toyota then. i think he's since upgraded.

jay drove me to the hospital once when i was in 10th grade and broke my thumb at his hofstra basketball camp. he had a crappy toyota then. i think he's since upgraded.

That's a great story. And yes, he has upgraded. I know nothing about cars, so I couldn't tell you what it is that he drives, but it's very nice.

Also, I don't stalk him. I've just met him on enough occasions that I've seen his car.

So nothing out of you about Penn State 13 minutes away from the vaunted NIT Championship Game?

I really couldn't give a flying fuck about the NIT, but I'm glad that Penn State's doing well and that the end of the season wasn't a total letdown.

Philly is a heavily recruited high school area, and the big programs beat out Penn State.

Philly is one of the nation's basketball hot spots (in my eyes). I would think that even if Penn State could not recruit some of the big names you mentioned, that they could at least recruit the talent that fills the rosters at Temple, St. Joes, Drexel, Nova, etc. It is a big school that plays in a well respected conference and a pretty good place to get an education (often not something these kids are even looking at).

Philly is one of the nation's basketball hot spots (in my eyes). I would think that even if Penn State could not recruit some of the big names you mentioned, that they could at least recruit the talent that fills the rosters at Temple, St. Joes, Drexel, Nova, etc. It is a big school that plays in a well respected conference and a pretty good place to get an education (often not something these kids are even looking at).

I think for many of the players who play in the Big 5, they'd prefer to stay local than to go to "the middle of nowhere" for Penn State.

I do know for a fact that Penn State attempts to recruit there. However, they frequent the suburbs of Philly more than the city itself.

I hear that the cows outnumber the humans in State College, even on football Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom