It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we get a Louisville over UNC championship game, I think I win the Interference pool. Not only was the Nova/Pitt game one of the best I'd seen in a long time, it breathed new life into my bracket.

UCONN_3.gif

Final Four! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I rarely say this, but that game's officiating clearly favored Pittsburgh. Nova got called for small change, Pitt was getting away with brutal hacks inside, Sam Young got away with 25 walks, and DeJuan Blair's performance tonight was the reason the 3-second call was invented, only they didn't call it once.

I actually still cannot believe Nova pulled it off. So much foul trouble for them and none for Pitt.

I rarely say this, but that game's officiating clearly favored Pittsburgh. Nova got called for small change, Pitt was getting away with brutal hacks inside, Sam Young got away with 25 walks, and DeJuan Blair's performance tonight was the reason the 3-second call was invented, only they didn't call it once.

I actually still cannot believe Nova pulled it off. So much foul trouble for them and none for Pitt.

I was thinking the same thing. I could understand it in the first half when Nova was doing most of their damage from outside...you expect a team to get less trips to the line if they're shooting jumpers. But they attacked a lot more in the second and still Pitt had a big foul advantage.

But I think at some point officials start letting things go. Watch Louisville for example. They're super-aggressive on D which is fun to watch, but they're also pretty much hacking and reaching in constantly...and rather than turn the game into a parade to the line they let most of it go. Basketball officiating sucks, both college and pro.

So awesome that Nova won :up: I saw Rollie and John Thompson in the crowd, it was like a Big East reunion.

Congrats to Headache...the team he coaches won a state title.

Seconded, that's awesome.

I was thinking the same thing. I could understand it in the first half when Nova was doing most of their damage from outside...you expect a team to get less trips to the line if they're shooting jumpers. But they attacked a lot more in the second and still Pitt had a big foul advantage.

But I think at some point officials start letting things go. Watch Louisville for example. They're super-aggressive on D which is fun to watch, but they're also pretty much hacking and reaching in constantly...and rather than turn the game into a parade to the line they let most of it go. Basketball officiating sucks, both college and pro.

So awesome that Nova won :up: I saw Rollie and John Thompson in the crowd, it was like a Big East reunion.

I think it was epitomized by the play where Fields drove through and lost the ball, and they blew the whistle and just called a foul. They didn't know who, so they called it on Redding, who literally didn't even touch him, and then they had to go back to the replay and find someone to call it on, and ended up picking Anderson, who only hit the ball. Replay showed no one actually touched him. Those refs just seemed lost during the second half.

Rollie has suddenly been hanging around all the time. He tried changing Reynolds jump shot ... during the season. Wright said to Reynolds something like, "He can coach a championship team, but he's not a shooting coach."

Nothing's better than sleeping in after a long night on the town, waking up, laying in bed for a while, and turning on the TV just to hear Gus calling a game.

"Puuuuure."

Nothing sucks more than seeing a Gus Johnson-called game gradually turn into a blowout.

Nothing sucks more than seeing a Gus Johnson-called game gradually turn into a blowout.

Truth. And when it's coupled with the death rattle of my bracket, it's truly sad times. The only points available to me now are UNC making (not winning) the championship game. I'm done, son.

Congrats Headache, nice accomplishment.

And I had Oklahoma beating Louisville in the title game. Started the day in first, guess I'll hang my hat on that, not a good day for my bracket.

:hyper:

I am on cloud 9 with my Heels. We led from start to finish, though Griffin was a man possessed.

Now we got Nova and most people think we should win. But Nova has this magic going on for them. They got Rollie Massimino as their lucky charm.

Reynolds vs. Lawson should be exciting.

This is the Heels' 9th Final Four in 19 years. But it's 17 tournaments (they missed it in 2002 and 03). So it's 9 out of 17 tournaments.

I'm so psyched.

:hyper:

UNC is clearly the better team on paper. I'm concerned about the matchups, but hey, we'll see. I think we have a shot.

Nice tie.

You should have Sicy add this photo.

The Newsday article said that the sophomore had his name spelled wrong on the school website. I immediately blamed the assistant coaches.

You should have fun the next two years!

it's a very nice tie, thank you :wink:

and, uh... yea. i may have been the one who submitted the roster with the name spelled wrong :shifty: my bad. to be fair, it was spelled wrong on his official transcript as well. that's what i copied it off of.

in due time the entire basketball community will be able to spell his name.

I've got three out of four in the final four. Nice comeback for me after some terrible picks early on.

Not sure if UConn will win this, though. UNC is tough, but I have both of them in the title game, and I think there's a good chance for that.

And nice work, Headache. :up:

Back
Top Bottom