It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was gonna say, all 7 of the Big Ten teams that made it definitely deserved to make it. That doesn't mean any of them will do well in the tourney, but they all should be there.

Arizona St. as 6, is way too high.
Arizona, and Wisc in the tournament is a joke.
Gonzaga as a 4, way too high.
BC at a 7 is too high.
ASU went 24-9 in the Pac10, swept UCLA, and their only losses to non tournet teams were to Baylor and Wash St. They lost the PAc 10 tourney finals in the last 15 seconds. If anything they possibly should be a 5 seed.

Arizona went 19-13, and had wins vs. Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga...what snubbed at large team is more deserving?

Gonzaga went 26-5, losing only to AZ, Portland State, Utah(by 1 point on the road), UConn (in OT) and Memphis, what seed do they deserve? Only 1 loss there can be considered bad, Portland State. They beat the likes of OK ST, Tennessee (twice), I think 4 is right for them.

BC went 22-11 in the ACC, won at UNC, beat Duke, and lost by a point in the ACC tourney to Duke. The loss to Harvard is a bad loss, but it could be chalked up as a letdown game coming right after the win at Chapel Hill. BC should be a 6 or 7 seed.

anything that states that the big ten is better than the big east is something that i should print out, take into the bathroom and wipe my ass with.

all you need to know that the big east and acc were both far superior to the big ten is a pair of eyes.

the big east is the best conference in america... stats like the RPI can't do it justice because of how huge the conference is.

also... every year somebody gets up in arms about how outrageous it is that some team got in over some other team, and every year that some team makes a run. hello, arizona.

Pitt will lose faster than most think. Blair is clueless on defense at times. When he's gone, no inside presence.

^But what about Wisconsin? I'm not sure I think they should be in...

I think the bigger concern is them drawing some nancy ref and Blair picking up 3 quick ticky-tack fouls. That's also a concern with Thabeet...and honestly the way Louisville's D hacks and reaches looking for steals they could be in the bonus for entire games.

Yeah that could have been oogly.

At least we might finally get that Calhoun/Calipari matchup, 15 years later. Though I picked Mizzou to beat Memphis.

Saw Calipari on "First Take" this morning...is it me or does he sound like he's trying to talk the panties off a girl every time he talks? That or sell me a car that's gonna crap out 5 miles down the road.

Anyone else think the first Thursday/Friday of the tournament are the best days in sports? Seriously, you get basketball all day, staggered, so every time something's going on you can catch the end...it's awesome. I don't think anything else comes close. NBA, NHL, and MLB playoffs are drawn out, Super Bowl is just the game after you've been bored to tears with pregame crap. To me nothing beats the first round of the tourney for drama.

Here's something for you guys to ponder...is Christian Laettner the greatest college player ever? I know everybody hates the guy, I know I do, that Kentucky shot wasn't his only dagger...not to mention he did this:

Everybody hated him already

But he also didn't miss a shot in that game, amazing.

So you're penalizing Laettner because he wasn't in Airplane? :wink:

I'd take Walton & Alcindor over Laettner, no question...but it doesn't help Laettner's case that his NBA career was pretty underwhelming.

Wow I looked it up, I had no idea how good Kareem's college #'s were.

Pistol Pete has to be on a list of greatest college players ever. Dude averaged like 45 a game over his three year career.

Anyone else think the first Thursday/Friday of the tournament are the best days in sports? Seriously, you get basketball all day, staggered, so every time something's going on you can catch the end...it's awesome. I don't think anything else comes close. NBA, NHL, and MLB playoffs are drawn out, Super Bowl is just the game after you've been bored to tears with pregame crap. To me nothing beats the first round of the tourney for drama.

I'd have to go with the NFL playoff weekends myself, which you neglected to mention.

But the tournament isn't far behind.

Here's something for you guys to ponder...is Christian Laettner the greatest college player ever? I know everybody hates the guy, I know I do, that Kentucky shot wasn't his only dagger...not to mention he did this:

But he also didn't miss a shot in that game, amazing.

Yes, it is the greatest two days of sports. It's the only thing I absolutely love even if no team I care about is involved.

My father thinks Laettner is the best ever (he hates Duke, too, mostly thanks to Coach K). I think he's up there, but probably not the best.

Let's go Illini. Make some Hilltoppers bleed tonight. God I hope I'm still coherent at 8:45 so I can actually watch the game.

I agree that the opening round of the NCAA tourney is the best two days in sports. I got to spend it in Vegas a few years back and it was so awesome! It is just perfect because there are games constantly from 9:30 am to 10pm. Perfect for those of us on the left coast!

Let's go Illini. Make some Hilltoppers bleed tonight. God I hope I'm still coherent at 8:45 so I can actually watch the game.

Awww, but I love the Hilltoppers mascot. It's a big orange blob, what is there not to like?

I've actually got the Hilltoppers in the Sweet. Sorry, Gaffer.

Memphis struggling with CS Northridge has me feeling better about my decision to have them spanked by Mizzou.

Gus is calling the ND State/KU tilt. If the Bison pull off the huge upset, expect the greatest call in sports history.

Also, the tournament has just been elevated a notch with the triumphant return of "THIS IS OURRRR COUNTRY."

Back
Top Bottom