It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Temple is in the lead here. It would be exciting if two Big Five schools make it, since everyone thought this year it would just be 'Nova. That and the potential for Penn State making it have sparked some life in local fans.

I'm watching the same game. It's getting closer, but it looks like Temple will hold Duquesne off with only a minute and a half left. Are they in automatically if they win (I really don't know how the conference championships work)?

ETA: Never mind, the play-by-play guy just answered my question. Temple wins :up:

Yeah, all the conference champions except one new one make it (there are 32, minus the new one makes 31). Then, there are 34 at-large bids.

USC-ASU is getting really exciting...I switched it on with 3 min left, it was a 7-point game. Now there's 30 seconds left and it's tied.

Hell yeah, baby. Where have you been all year? Did you go to the U of I?

No, I go to ISU. But since our sports never get much national noise (Missouri Valley Conference), I live vicariously through U of I. My parents are both from Champaign, my dad went to U of I, and my grandpa is a big fan.

17 points in the first half. :doh: No FGs for, what, over 11 minutes?:doh: Not good. Totally deserving of a loss.

Lunardi still has Penn State has the first team out. I'm hoping that doesn't hold up.

I will get a bracket contest up by sometime tomorrow...will post when it's done.

Still hoping for a #1 seed for UConn but realistically I don't see it. Pitt beat them twice and things just broke right for L'ville...I can't see 3 #1's out of the Big East, even though I'd have no problem with Memphis as a #2 I don't think the committee will do it.

Fuckin' Arizona. Penn State missing out is disappointing.

Alright, time to get pumped for Nova and Temple.

the big ten is dog shit.

This is very true. Yet they still almost get 8 teams in the tournament. There will be Big Ten teams dropping like flies early in this thing (coughOhioSt.cough). On the other hand, I'll be biased and say that I like the draw Illinois received. I can see us handling both Western Kentucky and the Zags on the way to getting our asses torn apart by UNC in the Sweet 16.

I just can't wait for this shit to get started.

Yeah, I enjoyed that too. Much better than Headache's below average password for the baseball league.

the big ten is dog shit.

Looking at the match-ups for the conference, it looks like it might be business as usual for the Big Ten this year.

A little surprised at the two seed for Memphis though.

Can someone tell me more about LSU this year? I haven't heard/scene much about them. I am wondering if Butler has a chance this year (they have been inconsistent and are fairly young).

So who do you guys like to win it all? Upsets? I know everyone's picking Pitt, but they're tough and they have an easy bracket. I don't have any faith in UNC at all.

So who do you guys like to win it all? Upsets? I know everyone's picking Pitt, but they're tough and they have an easy bracket. I don't have any faith in UNC at all.

I'm probably picking Louisville. I think they've got the easiest region. If they can get past Ohio St in the 2nd round, they should be good for the final four.

There are two teams I root for: My alma mater- Texas A&M, and UCONN. I grew up in CT, and my sister and brother-in-law went to UCONN, and not they have a potential second round matchup. Only thing worse would be them playing in the first round.

Arizona St. as 6, is way too high.
Arizona, and Wisc in the tournament is a joke.
Gonzaga as a 4, way too high.
BC at a 7 is too high.

Nova is the one team that can knock off Pitt in the East, but they have to get past UCLA and Duke first.

This is a year with strong one seeds, which is annoying because you never want to pick the team everyone else is picking.

If they can get past Ohio St in the 2nd round, they should be good for the final four.

Dude, Louisville will lay Ohio St. to waste in the second round. Ohio St. sucks. Seriously.

Edit: They probably won't even make the second round.

Ohio State plays in the Big Ten. Enough said. Honestly, for all my disappointment in Penn State not making it, they certainly shouldn't have made it, and neither should have about three or four other Big Ten teams.

Back
Top Bottom