It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
V.gif

I see the Interference blue crack blue you're talking about.

What about the orange and blue?

Oh, that's right...we're gonna be really shitty this year.

I try in vain to figure out how UConn managed to place 2nd in the (completely meaningless) preseason poll. I'm pretty sure that'll be the high point of the season.

And yes, Carolina is just ridiculously stacked.

this is the point where things begin to get strange and you begin to feel really old, even at 27...

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP)—Sylven Landesberg scored 28 points to break Virginia’s freshman-debut scoring record and Jeff Jones hit two late 3-pointers to lift the Cavaliers in a 107-97 victory against Virginia Military Institute.

Landesberg eclipsed Jeff Lamp’s record of 24 points in a freshman debut, set 31 years ago, and had 8 assists and 8 rebounds for the Cavaliers in their season opener.

Chavis Holmes scored a game-high 31 points for the Keydets (1-1), who upset Kentucky in their season-opening win Friday night.

Viginia took an early lead, 51-45 at the half, and struggled to stay ahead of the Keydets for the entire game.

The Keydets pulled even at 82 with 6:47 left before Jones’ two 3-pointers capped a 10-2 run that solidified the win.

i coached Sylven at camp when he was in the 3rd grade... all be it i had just graduated from high school myself, but, uh, yea.

i feel really really old :sad:

Davidson 78, Loyola 48

Apparently the Loyola coach decided to permanently double-team Stephen Curry. They managed to hold him to 0 points and 3 assists while the other guys played 4-on-3 and lost by 30 points. Outstanding.

I try in vain to figure out how UConn managed to place 2nd in the (completely meaningless) preseason poll. I'm pretty sure that'll be the high point of the season.

And yes, Carolina is just ridiculously stacked.

uconn looked pretty strong thumping wisconsin the other night. walker is going to add a lot to that team.

if stanley robinson was still there, they would be as talented as any (including unc).

Somehow, someway, by the grace of some God, we are 6-0 going into December and tied for the best record in the Big Ten.

And with the conference looking to be as shitty as it's been in a long time, this could turn out to be an unexpectedly decent season for the Illini.

I did manage to watch a bit of hoop the other day...apparently Memphis' free throw shooting is still not a problem for them.

7 Big East teams in the top 20...league play is gonna be brutal this year.

it's a matter of time before they break the big east up into two leagues... one 1-aa football/catholic league, one football/non-catholic school league

1-aa football / catholic school league
depaul
georgetown
marquette
notre dame (independent... doesn't play in big east for football. some would argue they don't play football at all anymore)
providence
seton hall
st. john's
villanova

bcs football / non-catholic school league
cincinnati
uconn
louisville
pittsburgh
rutgers
south florida
syracuse
west virginia

both leagues would still be great basketball conferences.

heck... if you really wanted you could even have the two conference championships on the same day at the garden in one heck of a double header. or you could have one at the garden, the other at the prudential center in newark and flip flop from year to year... or once the new brooklyn arena opens, etc. etc.

it needs to be done, it's been discussed already... the conference is too big and too strong. teams that otherwise could qualify for the ncaa tournament stand no chance at making it the way it's set up now.

The Bruins are in town Thursday. If it's anything like last year's game, it'll be a dandy.

it's a matter of time before they break the big east up into two leagues... one 1-aa football/catholic league, one football/non-catholic school league

1-aa football / catholic school league
depaul
georgetown
marquette
notre dame (independent... doesn't play in big east for football. some would argue they don't play football at all anymore)
providence
seton hall
st. john's
villanova

bcs football / non-catholic school league
cincinnati
uconn
louisville
pittsburgh
rutgers
south florida
syracuse
west virginia

both leagues would still be great basketball conferences.

heck... if you really wanted you could even have the two conference championships on the same day at the garden in one heck of a double header. or you could have one at the garden, the other at the prudential center in newark and flip flop from year to year... or once the new brooklyn arena opens, etc. etc.

it needs to be done, it's been discussed already... the conference is too big and too strong. teams that otherwise could qualify for the ncaa tournament stand no chance at making it the way it's set up now.

They're gonna have to do something eventually, and the football/non football split makes as much sense as anything. I'm not sure if people will want to split up the traditional Big East rivals though...though I suppose you could argue that G'town and 'Nova would still have each other on one side, and the same for UConn and Syracuse on the other. Or just have them play 4 crossover games, to get back to an 18 game league schedule.

Back
Top Bottom