It's college basketball season... - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 AM
YouTube - John Chaney Blows Up

Old 06-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:18 AM
That Chaney nutty is still one of my all time favs...and I think he would have killed him too, if nobody held him back.

It's really a shame Calipari got the Kentucky job, would be great if he was still at Memphis when all this shit started hitting the fan. Of course it will follow him to Kentucky I would expect, and it'll be back to probation for the 'Cats.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

well there's no surprise why calipari is at kentucky... the idea that he went for a "bigger program" with more money is ridiculous. his recruiting class at kentucky is almost the same that it would have been at memphis, and memphis as fed ex money backing up their athletic department, so he could have gotten the same paycheck there.

he left because he knew this was coming down the road... plain and simple. he left UMass for the NBA for the same reasons. if in a few years you hear rumors of Cal leaving again? put money on violations coming for kentucky within a year or two.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I'm back in my old stomping grounds on Saturday. Talking to a guy, a guy who knows everybody, consequently gets the inside scoop on ... well, everything. Tells me he's back from Louisville, he was there for a few days around Derby time. Says he was at a bar, and that he heard some crazy shit about Rick Pitino. He rattled off all of it to me. I don't want to sell out everything, but I just found out today that one of the things he told me is popping up in a story:

Deadspin - Well, This Is An Interesting Development (MORE UPDATES) - Karen Sypher

This story goes that Pitino knocked this girl up and forced her to get an abortion. That's one of the things I heard. No word yet on some of the other shit. But if this is true ... who knows.
Huh. Everything that guy told me has been true so far. Which means there could still be more to this.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #500
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 AM
"Pitino, table for two."
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #501
Blue Crack Distributor

the pitino thing is hardly shocking if you've been paying attention... it's a matter of time before rick steps down.

think about it...

we've heard the rumors, thanks largely to deadspin, for months... now it's all out.

but aside from that, look at the "unrelated" things that have happened this off season

-louisville's top recruit for next season up and left for europe
-pitino's own son left louisville to become an assistant for billy donovan, a pitino protoge'
-pitino's close friend from his long island days ralph wilard gives up a head coaching position at holy cross to become rick's #1 assistant.

it's all a matter of time before willard is the new head coach, or at least "acting" head coach of louisville.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #502
Blue Crack Distributor

got one for ya' pfan

Quote:
Long Island Lutheran guard Achraf Yacoubou settles on Villanova
By Ebenezer Samuel
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 2:02 AM

Achraf Yacoubou knew exactly what he wanted in a college. The 6-4 guard from Long Island Lutheran wanted to find a program that had NCAA championship aspirations, and he wanted to play for a coach who could "take him to the next level."

"That's all I wanted," he told the Daily News. "I really want a championship."

Yacoubou believes he found everything he wants in a college in Villanova, which is why he verbally committed to the Big East school on Wednesday, choosing the Wildcats over a host of other programs, including Wake Forest, Xavier, UConn and Kentucky.

Yacoubou is just a junior at Long Island Lutheran HS, so he could have waited to choose his college. But Villanova's scholarship offer was too good to pass on. He says he visited the campus over the summer, and enjoyed the experience. Additionally, Wildcats coach Jay Wright has a reputation for developing NBA-caliber guards, which appealed to the youngster from the Bronx.

"Jay Wright is a great coach," Yacoubou said. "I felt like I had a good relationship with him. And I feel like he can get me to the next level."

And Yacoubou may return the favor and help keep the Wildcats on top of the Big East. Villanova hauled on a topflight 2009 recruiting class headlined by former St. Anthony's (N.J.) star Dominic Cheek, and the Wildcats are loaded in the backcourt this season with senior Scottie Reynolds, Bronx product Corey Fisher and incoming McDonald's All-American guard Maalik Wayns.

Yacoubou is the school's first commitment in the Class of 2011, and he's a solid building block for the team's future. Last year, in his first season at Long Island Lutheran, the smooth scorer averaged 21.6 points per game, teaming with touted forward Tobias Harris to lead the team to the state Federation Class-A title at Glens Falls.

He said he enjoyed winning that title, and he can't wait to do the same at Villanova. After studying the team's roster, as well as its incoming recruits, he says the Wildcats are "loaded."

"This team can win the NCAA championship," he said. "They're incredibly talented."

Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #503
Blue Crack Addict

"Hey man, that suit is you"
Old 10-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #504
Blue Crack Distributor

the player in question there is #24, btw
Old 10-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

And I would have guessed #12 was the one locked up by a Big East school prior to the start of his junior season.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #506
Blue Crack Distributor

don't hate... he's being recruited by yale
Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

Jay Wright is a hell of a recruiter. And he also apparently has a real problem with recruiting anyone who isn't 6'1"-6'7".

He's also a great guy and runs a good, clean program. Your guy made a good choice.

However, I may have to revoke my Nova fandom for the time being, seeing as I am now at a D1 basketball school with aspirations for the tournament.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #508
Blue Crack Distributor

honestly there aren't many players over 6'7" who are any good.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #509
Blue Crack Supplier

This is true, and I do think size is often overrated ... but in the context of the Big East, Villanova is incredibly small, and it does hurt them matchup-wise in some cases.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
However, I may have to revoke my Nova fandom for the time being, seeing as I am now at a D1 basketball school with aspirations for the tournament.
You mean you aren't primed for a Penn State NIT title defense?

Tags
basketball