It's college basketball season...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did Mizzou really pull a "sub for an injured guy who's not really injured so he can take the free throws" move?

And that last play was a joke. How did none of them make a call at any point?

ah who knows if he was really injured or not. i'm gonna say yes. it would have taken the player and the coach to instinctively fake it at the same time to pull that off.

^ Yeah the whole thing smelled like last night's bedfarts...though the key play was stepping inbounds before inbounding the ball. Oops.

^ Yeah the whole thing smelled like last night's bedfarts...though the key play was stepping inbounds before inbounding the ball. Oops.

that happens all the time... you'll be amazed at how many kids step on the line. the refs don't really look for it hard until the end of the game, but it happens a lot.

I need Syracuse to beat OU as well as a Final Four which includes Nova and Mizzou to have any realistic stab at the Interference pool.

that happens all the time... you'll be amazed at how many kids step on the line. the refs don't really look for it hard until the end of the game, but it happens a lot.

It seems like it would. I can't say I'd want them to ignore it (especially since the neighborhood play in baseball annoys me no end), but you hate to see that happen, not only to the team but especially the player.

unc-m-baskbl-team-0809-600v2.jpg

everyone else is playing for second.

I am a die-hard Heels fan. I wished I had your confidence, but I am the typical pessimistic fan. Two years ago, we blew a 10-point lead vs. G'town with seven minutes left in the game and lost. Last year, we were the best team and lost to Kansas in the Final Four. We were 36-3 last year. I still can't believe we didn't win the title with all that talent. I am expecting another choke job again. I was so nervous when LSU came back yesterday, but Lawson saved us big-time.

BTW, Duke was so lucky vs. Texas. Texas had so many chances to win that game.

This is also the best Sweet 16 on paper since the tourney was expanded to 64 back in 1985. Only two teams seeded No. 5 or lower are in this year's Sweet 16. The previous low was 3 in 1989 and 1991.

ah who knows if he was really injured or not. i'm gonna say yes. it would have taken the player and the coach to instinctively fake it at the same time to pull that off.
Plus the kid they put in was a 68% FT shooter, not like they pulled the token non athletic piece of white bread from the end of the bench who hits 90% and put him in.

I am a die-hard Heels fan. I wished I had your confidence, but I am the typical pessimistic fan. Two years ago, we blew a 10-point lead vs. G'town with seven minutes left in the game and lost. Last year, we were the best team and lost to Kansas in the Final Four. We were 36-3 last year. I still can't believe we didn't win the title with all that talent. I am expecting another choke job again. I was so nervous when LSU came back yesterday, but Lawson saved us big-time.

BTW, Duke was so lucky vs. Texas. Texas had so many chances to win that game.

This is also the best Sweet 16 on paper since the tourney was expanded to 64 back in 1985. Only two teams seeded No. 5 or lower are in this year's Sweet 16. The previous low was 3 in 1989 and 1991.

my confidence in carolina is not as high as it was at the begining of the year... for whatever reason they just sputtered along at times this year, not sure what it was. perhaps it's their coach... roy has been known to get a tad uptight when his team is the favorite. so when his team was talked about possibly going undefeated? his asshole must have been tighter than ever.

they still have the best team, and with lawson playing well i still think they'll win... but it's not as much of a lock as i thought it would be at the start of the year.

oh, and i completely disagree with you about duke being "lucky," that play by singler to throw the ball to the other half of the court rather than save it under your own basket... that's not luck. that's smarts. the rebound that henderson pulled in? you want to call that luck, fine. i call it finishing. the play ends when you have the ball in your hands. texas didn't finish the play, duke did. that texas didn't get that rebound wasn't unlucky... it was a lack of execution at a crucial part of the game.

i don't really take sides in the whole duke/carolina thing... i just love great basketball, and nobody does things the right way better than those two teams. doesn't mean they're always the best, or have the best talent... but they play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

it's no secret why when you look at their coaching trees...

roy williams ---> dean smith ---> phog allen ---> james nasmith

mike kryzyweski ---> bob knight.

If I don't get W's out of Mizzou and Villanova tonight, consider me toast. I have both in the Final Four.

I'm already toast. There's a guy with an identical Final Four to me who has a higher point count.

Go Nova.

2 for 2 so far on Elite 8 picks (although most everyone had Pitt and UConn). Let's go Duke and Memfiss.

UConn wins, Coach K and Calipari lose...a great night for big CT. Now if only Pitino's boys can gag it up tonight...

C'mon Spartans, Michigan State is the only thing I ever liked about living in Michigan, particularly Izzo and their amazingly classy basketball program. They're losing by 7 at the half, I hope they pull off the comeback.

Good to see Mich St come back.

So let me see... I picked 6 of the Elite 8 right, minus Duke and Syracuse. Not great, not terrible I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom