It's a college basketball thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
randhail said:
Nice win by Providence tonight, now maybe they'll figure out a way to qualify for the Big East Tourney! :happy:

Funny I had a slightly different take on last night's tussle at the ol' Dunk :( Gonna be a tough road to the Big East title for UConn now...they'll have to beat Marquette and 2 of Louisville, G'Town, and ND. No picnic. Though at this point I'd be more worried about PC than anybody...the Friars have their number this year.

It seems as though UConn is one of the few teams that Providence always manages to play well against. They've had some good games lately and who could forget Calhoun's blowup about why he didn't recruit Ryan Gomes...that was good stuff.

3rd straight Pac 10 championship for UCLA in an unlikely comeback last night against Stanford and the Lopez twins.

At the game...... Jim Harrick, Terry Donahue, Mitch Kupchak, Elgin Baylor, Jack Nicholson and lots of basketball alumni

That should wrap up the #1 seed in the west

I usually lose my lunch when I watch the Bruins and some recently sloppy play...I flipped back and forth between Idol and the game...pleasantly pleased with the 2nd half effort....it must be March!

ps..ignore the USC logo, that's just for football! :wink:

I'm trying very hard to enjoy the Carolina/Duke game. I normally do not post while I'm watching sports.

But, just, well, fuck, I cannot FUCKING STAND DICK VITALE.

Jesus Christ, his analysis consists of "I love this!!!" an "I'm like a kid sitting here!!!" and "Are you kidding me?!?!?!" and "Oh!". You learn not one thing from this man. It truly bothers me. The day he fucking retires will be a happy day for me.

That is all. Back to the game.

No spoken words said:
I'm trying very hard to enjoy the Carolina/Duke game. I normally do not post while I'm watching sports.

But, just, well, fuck, I cannot FUCKING STAND DICK VITALE.

Jesus Christ, his analysis consists of "I love this!!!" an "I'm like a kid sitting here!!!" and "Are you kidding me?!?!?!" and "Oh!". You learn not one thing from this man. It truly bothers me. The day he fucking retires will be a happy day for me.

That is all. Back to the game.

OHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a Nintendo 64 game called March Madness. It was horrible.

But what made it funny was there was no commentary, just every once in a great while, a horrible choppy Dick Vitale would say things like, "He's A PTPer!" or my favorite, "He's a Windex MAAAN!

I hate him too NSW...I hate him too.

OH MY

I used to watch a lot of college hoops ~10-12 years ago when I was in high school. I remember in those days Dickie V still had the usual shtick, but every now and then he'd actually make an acute observation about the current game.

Nowadays, he's completely lost focus -- when he's not yelling and screaming about a dunk from 2 minutes ago, he's going on and on about his Diaper Dandies, the Duke-Carolina rivalry, etc.

Oh, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!

I used to really enjoy Vitale in the 80s when he still gave you quite a bit of basketball knowledge. But now? While I don't think he's a complete phony the way some do, he's really gotten over the top and any semblance of analysis is pretty much gone :(

But on the bright side, Duke lost :up: :up: :up:

hardyharhar said:
You know how to pick 'em Mr. Baw :)
I was a South Bay kid and grew up waiting for Trojan football and Bruin round ball and it still continues...we live in the OC, now I thrive on CA STATE Fullerton baseball...always a good program;

Did you see the last 8 minutes of yesterday's game...we are at the gym on the upper level where all the cardio machines face the TV screens...the entire row of bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines came to a total stop!

When Shipp made that bucket from behind the boards, the place went nuts! Oh, my!!!

:up:

Mr. BAW said:
Did you see the last 8 minutes of yesterday's game...we are at the gym on the upper level where all the cardio machines face the TV screens...the entire row of bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines came to a total stop!

When Shipp made that bucket from behind the boards, the place went nuts! Oh, my!!!

:up: [/B]

Oh, my!! :) This game was even more of a miracle than Stanford, hopefully this isn't a trend. Maybe that shot will get Shipp back on track. They're gonna need him if they're to go deep again this year.

Guess that Providence loss got the boys fired up. A 30-0 run against Cincy? Yowza.

Ugh Duke. Christian Laettner's face still makes me want to kick a puppy but I can at least be happy that over the years my school has managed to balance the scales with Duke, not an easy thing to do. We do still owe UNC a beating in the tourney, but I'm still on the Carolina side of the rivalry generally (though I'm usually happy with a great game).

So...George Mason is back in the tournament. It takes a small, bitter, and petty man to root against a team like George Mason...and I'm small, bitter, and petty.

I was actually more pissed at UConn for mailing in that whole tourney, too many guys with the NBA on their mind coughRudyGaycough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom