It's a college basketball thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outcoach them.

Seriously, good luck, and who the fuck knows what will happen? Any given day is right.

Hostos CC is my go-to comedy school when dealing with NY'ers, sorry. :)

Actually, I went to Westchester CC for a semester, and some summer classes, and the teachers were fantastic, and the students were actually, if not smarter, a lot more studious and serious about things.

lost to mt. vernon by 10 this afternoon (go f yourself ben gordon :mad: )

mt. vernon has two absolute studs... senior kevin jones, 6'7" 4 man who can shoot the three (signed with west virginia) & sherrod wright, 6'4"/6'5" swingman, can shoot it, can jump out of the gym and is a nasty defender... he's only a junior so no signing yet but they're talking big east type. he's gonna be nasty

Headache in a Suitcase said:
(go f yourself ben gordon :mad: )

:mad:

MOUNT VERNON - There's a name from the past that Mount Vernon coach Bob Cimmino rarely, if ever, drops into conversation when discussing his players. It's just too sacred, and maybe even a little bit unfair.

But when describing the way Sherrod Wright played yesterday, Cimmino really had no choice.

"Sherrod was dominant. It reminded me of Ben Gordon," Cimmino said of the Mount Vernon great who now stars for the NBA's Chicago Bulls. "When Ben was focused or aggravated, he'd try to rip out the heart and soul of the other team. That's what Sherrod did today."

Wright turned in arguably the best performance of his career in Mount Vernon's 81-71 win over reigning Class A NYAISAA state boys basketball champion Long Island Lutheran.

The 6-foot-5 junior scored a career-high 31 points and grabbed nine rebounds as the two-time Class AA state champs overcame a tough start and won for the ninth time in 10 games.

Huh.

On the one hand, Bob Knight won a lot of games and was above reproach regarding academics and NCAA rules.

On the other hand, he was a real asshole.

Last edited:
they are undersized, and it'll be interesting to see how they match up against Carolina.

so far so good.

carolina just didn't have an answer for all the different scoring options duke has. yes, duke's undersized players need to guard other's "bigs," but the bigs then have to guard the shooters and slashers duke has.

quality victory for the dookies.

they are certainly the deepest and most balanced offensive team in the nation... they're still undersized, and against a team like ucla or carolina again they could struggle... but they are very good.

could we finally see a carolina-duke final four or championship game match up? :drool:

dick vitale's head would explode

Anyone catch UConn/Syracuse? It got to the point where the Orange didn't even bother trying to score in close...Thabeet was definitely in their heads.

i watched a little bit of the uconn syracuse game, but then i turned it off to avoid putting a bullet in my mouth.

Well I only watched the 2nd half...but the game didn't exactly flow. I'm not confident in UConn's offense, even though it seems oddly to have improved without Dyson.

Luckily I get ESPNU, get to see the Huskies host ND on Wednesday...am I just talking to myself or does anyone else watch Big East hoops anymore?

Understandable...watching them play George Mason made me gag :(

Our win against KU tonight was one of the best games I've seen in person.

I've never seen the Erwin Center that loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom