It's a college basketball thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke has way more scoring options than last year, but they're still undersized and Greg Paulus still sucks.

they are undersized, and it'll be interesting to see how they match up against Carolina.

but they do hate great depth, very good athleticism and are incredibly balanced scoring, unlike when they had JJ and cheif big head.

and paulus is much improved over last year.

and the fact that they're running sets that K stole from mike d'antoni only makes me like 'em even more.

i'm not declaring them national champs in november... i'm just sayin' that they're back, they're gonna stay in the top 10 all year, and they'll be a top 3 seed come tourney time, probably no worse than a 2 seed.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
:shrug: i'm giving them a compliment

:cute: You kids & your crazy slang! I get it now - bad equals good, cold equals hot & nasty equals amazing. Thanks for keeping it real, dawg! :up: :up:

:lmao: It's OK even if you weren't being complimentary - I'm used to all the Duke haters by now. :D

No spoken words said:
Eric Gordon remains the truth.

:drool:

I really should have checked out one of his High School games last year. Schmeg's workmate's son played along side him - the high school is just down the street from us.

Speaking of Hoosier (as in the nickname for folks from Indiana...not Indiana University itself):

Go Butler :D

I've always been on the Duke side of the Duke-UNC fan rift, mostly due to the fact that I've had family there. Also, UNC pisses me off to no end.

phillyfan26 said:
...UNC pisses me off to no end.

:giggle: Guess that's as good a reason as any to dislike them.

Truth be told, I don't dislike the 'Heels - I'll pull for them if no other ACC teams are in the running. I just won't make the effort to watch the games or keep up with the tourney after Duke's out. So needless to say, I didn't get to watch any of the 'good' NCAA games last season. :silent: :D

I expect that to change this year. :mac:

ok let me figure this out...

the acc has never lost the big10/acc challange. ever.

espn just put up a stat... in the past i think they said 30 years...

ncaa tourney appearances by the big 10 = 189
ncaa tourney appearances by the acc = 168

ncaa tourney wins by the big 10 = 290
ncaa tourney wins by the acc = 323

so again... why, every year, do we have to go through this entire process where everyone in the media thinks the big 10 is good? when the stats obviously say otherwise?

ponderous.

There's an explanation that answers 98% of questions about the media:

The media is dumb.

It is amazing how they run in circles and never correct their mistakes. I guess since the media generally "corrects" the mistakes of others, it doesn't have to correct itself. :shrug:

so duke had their first test vs. a ranked team with good size... which is what was considered to be the downfall of duke this year (no bigs).

i think they passed the test.

Um... I'd second that. :D Seriously, I was telling Kelly as we watched the game how excited I was about the way Duke looked, but that I didn't know if they were playing a comparable team. Everyone kept pointing out Wisconsin's height - is that their talent? Being tall? Or are they strong within the Big 10?

so again... why, every year, do we have to go through this entire process where everyone in the media thinks the big 10 is good? when the stats obviously say otherwise?

ponderous.

Oh boy.

Early in the season you never know who's gonna play who, some real odd matchups pop up.
Look for a high scoring affair, the Umies have scored 89 or more in 5 of 6 games, breaking 100 twice.

ponderous.

On a brighter note, the Big Ten is currently tied 2-2 in the Big Ten - Ivy League challenge.

Last edited:
Hewson said:

Look for a high scoring affair, the Umies have scored 89 or more in 5 of 6 games, breaking 100 twice.

...or the minutemen could drop the game 89-77.

:wink:

The local paper is calling this the biggest victory for the IUPUI (that has to be one of the most painful combination of letters a college can have) in 35 years. :eyebrow:

And..Butler beat Ohio State. I need to get to a Butler game this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom